Demo Site

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Some positives, Chase’s licensure, lots of travel

I was talking with Mama on Thursday about the fact that I did not make the move to the Jennie house a matter of prayer. I apologized to the Lord and to Mama about that. It seemed to be a good financial decision so I never gave it the proper respect in prayer that I should have. I asked the Lord to please make it obvious that it was according to His Will that we make the move and when we went in to pay our last part of the rent we saw the answer clearly.


Curtis Sinclair, the landlord, had us write a check for $625, one half of the rent for October and he gave us a check for $700 to reimburse us for the rental deposit ($500) and the pet deposit ($200). Quite unexpected! Since Mama and I signed up for our churches “Prove God” offering we will give $100 of the unexpected amount to the Lord. Based on Malachi 3:10 where the Lord says, “Prove me now herewith…”, and promises to open the windows of blessing above us when we are faithful in our tithes, we promised to give 50% of every amount of truly unexpected financial blessing that comes to us during the year… from an unexpected refund to finding a dollar on the street. I am not sure if we will get it all completely right, but it is always fun when God proves Himself to us – especially financially.

Chase is working to complete his online driver’s education hours so he can get his learners permit. He has talked about getting the six hours done multiple times, Sunday afternoon, late Sunday night, etc, but I do not know if he has done it yet. Last night he was calling for a marathon session. After completion he receives a certificate to take to the Texas DPS to get his driving permit. We will then give him some time behind the wheel so he can go on – at some point – and take his driving test to become legally licensed to drive without him Mama telling him what lane to be in, what exit to take and where to park. I guess I’m still operating on my Learner’s Permit.

Mama and I may have to go to Decatur for one night on Thursday. I have some office moves to direct there and it would be better to do them in person. I will know for sure today as I confer with my boss about the ordering of his office furniture – that is the linchpin of the operation. I am not looking forward to the ten hours of driving with my back in the shape it is in, but that is what comes with the job.

Mama and I will head out again on Monday to spend the week in Decatur. Were it not for the move we have planned to finalize our own relocation to the Jennie house on Saturday, I would just stay the weekend in Bowie. That is not to be the case. I am still debating her going with me on Thursday since there is so much happening in Amarillo, but I may need the help just to get there and back. It will be nice to settle all these loose ends and look forward to the fall season, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The chickens will have their third road trip on Thursday as we get them to Bowie. They are growing so quickly it is almost surreal. I had forgotten just how fast they change but by the middle of November some of them will be ready to put in the freezer, if we can keep the dogs from prematurely killing them.

Hopefully we will get a dozen layers out of the batch; time will tell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment