Demo Site

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Paperwork, Maggie, Grandma


I got to the office this morning a little earlier than normal so I could sign and scan the paperwork required to close on the second house Mama and I have bought. I am wondering what we will do once I no longer have the option to use the printer here at work, but that answer will come in due time. Unfortunately, I was only able to get one of the two documents printed because the printer ran out of toner. I do not know how to replace the toner cartridge so I will work on the other document during my lunch break. Getting those documents and the wire transfer will be easily accomplished once I have the printed documents in hand. In this electronic age, such transactions are almost too easy. I suppose that is why thieves are able to make such a profit by using the same easy pathways to steal funds from accounts they are able to access illegally. I am praying the Lord protects Mama and I from such a devastating event, but it is always in the back of our minds.

Maggie’s surgery went well according to reports from Mama. She will be released from the hospital early this afternoon. The doctors need to hold her still for several hours following the procedure to make sure the would starts to seal properly. Anytime the abdomen is punctured, there is significant concern, not only of infection but of ensuring the structure of the membranes that hold the belly in place are able to continue in that service. I can only assume that there will be residual pain Maggie will have to deal with but if the doctor’s have told Maggie correctly, she should feel better by early next week. I am glad Mama is there to help even though Aaron was also able to be home for the surgery and the subsequent recovery. It is our sincere hope that by the time I get Mama back next Thursday, Maggie will be recovered to the point that she can carry on as normal – with little residual pain. Tonight, and tomorrow night will be the worst for Maggie and Mama as the kids adjust to Mama substituting for Maggie with the normal nighttime routines. Again, with Aaron there also, things should not get too out of whack.

Yesterday I got a call from Grandma. That rarely happens and I missed the call, so I made sure to call her back once I had the opportunity. She wanted to clarify what food to give Mocha. In a long explanation, she told me that she had given Mocha the dry food from a small bag Mama keeps in our bathroom. I assured her that that was correct even though we feed her canned food that Mama stores in the refrigerator once the can has been opened. One can of that food feeds Mocha for a couple days so we cannot leave it out because it molds quickly. Not that Mocha minds. Mama does. Anyway, Grandma went on in her narrative telling me that while she sat in our bedroom waiting on Mocha to eat – because she eats better when we are in attendance – she noticed a tin of ointment I had sitting on the file cabinet beside my desk. She told me she read it carefully and since it was all natural, all organic, she applied some to her knees. She was thrilled by how much it helped her. She had been in a good deal of pain, but once she applied the salve, the pain abated so much that she felt enormous relief. So, the questions followed. Where did I get it from? Could I get some for her? Could I order it right away?
I let her finish before I interjected anything. “Grandma”, I said, “you are going to laugh, but Shane and Mandy Smith sell that as an organic boot polish.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment