Demo Site

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Organizational moves, poor spirit, money


Several things happened at work while I was traveling. I got a new boss for one. We are shuffling desks and personnel for another. I do not mind having a new boss. I like the fellow that will take that position, but he is my sixth boss in less than three years. As for the desk I will have, I am very disappointed about that. It will be positioned in a way that I am very uncomfortable with. I am not looking forward to that move. Hopefully, it will be short lived. Whether or not I am able to move away from fulltime employment.  At the very least, I expect that the arrangement of desks being set up on Friday will be changed by the end of the year. The layout is being designed for efficiency of cable management – phone and computer cords. It is not a design that will accommodate work efficiency. But we will experiment. I have definitely been in worse situations with office arrangements. The growing pains at this company are palpable. We will accommodate without too much murmuring as adjustments are made, but we will murmur some.

I was not much good yesterday evening. I was not feeling well physically or emotionally. One of those times when the lack of emotional energy leads to a general lack of interest in doing anything. One of those times when the emotional funk makes my back pain more noticeable and my diverticulitis more painful. Everything I normally tolerate was made less tolerable. Mama and I fed as normal. I watered the plants near the house. Then I sat down for the remainder of the evening and into the night. I told Mama it was one of those times that I feel weary in well-doing. Fortunately, we are promised to reap a harvest if we do not faint. But last night I felt faint. So, after I wasted an hour watching John Wayne play Davy Crocket, I got out my Bible and began reading. That helped. I did not know it helped until this morning, but it did help. This morning I am better. Nothing in my circumstances changed. Something in my heart changed. I can make it another day. This evening, I will have a list in hand to work off of. That should keep me on track to get something done.

Mama is encouraged enough about Midas – our little buck goat – that she is willing to put him with the other boys. He is eating out of our hand, letting us rub on him and generally handle him. He will return to the kennel we have him in with minimal difficulty when we let him out into the yard for some exercise. Of course, there will be a couple days of endless fighting when we put him with Champ and Scamper, but that is to be expected. Once we have all the boys together, it will make feeding a bit easier. I am laying out a plan to have water supplied to a hydrant in the boy’s paddock by this winter. So far, it is only a plan. We have no finances to implement the plan, but by this Winter, who knows. If I have a plan in place, I can move much more quickly once we do have the money in hand.

Honestly, money worries are the main reason for my bad spirit last night. We have burned through a lot of money this month. Joshua and Alicia’s wedding and our travel last weekend. Paying invoices on the houses in Lawton. Replacing a garage door opener. Paying medical bills as well as our normal living expenses. All these have subtracted substantially from our bank accounts. Oh well, it is a consequence of living and trying to start a business. We are not out of money, but we are walking close to the edge financially. If Aaron’s parents had not been so generous in helping with the recent travel required for Maggie and the kids, we would be much less solvent. It will all work out. Our business has two houses in inventory which will soon be sold. So, if we hang on for a couple more months, we should be fine. More than fine, in fact.

God is good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment