Demo Site

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Working, Mama’s little business, Midas move, Dr appointments


Working from home does have its advantages. We are saving on fuel since I do not make the round trip daily. We are saving whatever money would have been spent on eating out. Even though that is only about twenty dollars per month for me. We are saving time. I no longer have to get up over an hour early. I can get up later and still start work on time. Plus, I do not have the time of the drive to and from the office. Whether or not I am as productive is questionable, but for at least another month, we will enjoy the benefits of working for a company that allows us to do so remotely. Praise the Lord! So many are out of work and out of money. I am truly thankful for this job. As disappointed as I may have gotten at times, God knew what He was doing when He put me here.

Mama is making progress in bits and dabs in her nail business. She is struggling to figure out Facebook and the internet, but she is definitely making progress. Every day she spends a couple hours on the business, and I am of the opinion that something you spend several hours per day learning, you will eventually master. What I need to do is get her off the iPhone and onto an iPad or computer. Things will be so much more visible to her in that format, but she cannot use a computer as she reclines on the couch. Her comfy spot. Eventually, that leap in technology will come but it has not happened yet. Partly because we do not have a constant internet connection. One must be created via our phones. That connection is not always a good one. It is something I struggle with as I work remotely. Every step added to the process is a burden - for the moment. I am confident all that advancement will come in time. As it does, the business will grow accordingly.

Last night, Victoria helped us move Midas to the paddock with the nanny goats. He was not necessarily excited to be handled in the move, but once he saw where he was headed, he practically ran in the direction of the mature females. Victoria and I had a struggle initially getting him wrangled out of his home paddock, but as he tested the leash we had on him, he pulled us in the right direction, so we just kept him aimed properly. When he was released into the paddock with the ladies, he went loco with excitement. There will be a couple days of challenging each other, but I believe the ladies were glad to see a male in their midst. If all goes well, we should have little ones as early as mid-September or early October. November births are possible, but they would be on the late side of the cycle. We are hoping all the nanny goats are trim enough to breed easily. Mama’s animal charges are rarely on the trim side, so we had to institute strict feeding practices leading up to this breeding encounter. If that worked, we will follow that practice in the future. For the moment, we are very hopeful. Champ, who was moved from the paddock with the nanny’s back into the paddock with the little boys, we decidedly unhappy about being relocated. He spent several hours loudly voicing his displeasure.


With all my doctor’s appointments lately, I have had to take bits of time off from work. Even thought there would be no way to follow up the hours since we are all working remotely, I want to be sure my managers know I am trying to be honest in all things. This afternoon, I have a stress test that will take a couple hours. So far, I have used only comp time. Hours accumulated by traveling after normal working hours or on a Saturday. I accumulated over 16 hours that way. Again, a benefit provided by our management. This should be the last appointment for a while. Other than a teleconference with the heart doctor and a quick follow up with my primary care physician. Neither doctor is rushing to add to the two medications I am currently taking. For which I am thankful because the blood pressure meds are keeping my blood pressure below 120/80. My resting BP is 115/65. Which causes me some dizziness at times. Other than that, I am feeling much better. Breathing much better.

So far so good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment