Demo Site

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

New immunity, delivery, our fat goats

Mama started getting sick through the day yesterday and progressively worsened so that by that night, she was feeling horrible. So, Victoria, in order to analyze what we were dealing with, got some COVID rapid tests. This morning, Victoria tested positive per the rapid test so she will get several days off with pay. Good for her. I am saving the second of the two test strips in the pack for Mama to test herself since I am almost recovered. Armed with that information, I let my employer know what I had determined because they are very conscientious about tracking COVID cases and potential related exposures.

I am quarantined for fourteen days per company guideline, but the office is closed so the quarantine is almost moot; however, I am feeling much better after having taken a dose of Ivermectin and loading up on Zinc, Vitamin D and Vitamin C. I am encouraging Mama to do the same, but she is not keen on the idea yet. She will consider it when she feels just a tad better. On the bright side, we now have proven immunity to COVID. Not that that means much to the powers that be, but I am relieved to be past the infection and have my immune system programmed to respond to the virus on its own – without the ineffective chemical enhancements now being touted.

 With Mama sick in bed, I am glad I was home this morning as our sectional was delivered and set up. About 7:30 I got a call from Rooms To Go that the truck was about twenty minutes out. True to their word the delivery truck pulled into the driveway a little before 8 am. The three guys in the truck unpackaged, setup and tested the function on the power recliner and chaise before leaving at 8:35.  It took me far longer to rearrange the pieces in the living room to accommodate the large sectional. Mama, when she roused from bed and slogged into the living room was pleased to see the sectional in place but very surprised at just how big it was.


I was prepared for the size, but it still took some moving to get it set in place as they were assembling the pieces. I was slightly off in my calculations. Not far off. Only about twelve inches, but it was enough that I had to pull my recliner out and slide Mama’s red recliner down to make the adjustment. I am very glad we pared down my desk space to allow for the extra room needed but even with that, something will have to go. We are still deciding what that will be – one end table (perhaps both), or my older power recliner, which is Mama’s preference. Regardless, our huge sectional is here now, and we will make it work. Mama has always been able to stuff things to overflowing, including a house.

I had to rush out to the coop to let the chickens out so they could get to water before the delivery crew arrived. Once the delivery was done, I had to go back out to feed the goats. They were very ready for their food by the time I was able to get to them, but I was not worried about them. The girl goats are all so fat they jiggle as they run. I have been trying to get Mama to feed them less but that has not been an idea she has welcomed.

To Mama’s way of looking at thinking, they always seem starved to death every time we feed them, and she hates to think that she is underfeeding them. The body fat in their roly-poly bodies strongly contradicts the thinking that we are underfeeding the herd. So, the feed troughs are filled twice daily and emptied almost as fast as the feed falls into those troughs. It is fun to watch the goats run from one trough to the next to see if there are any Animal Cracker treats hidden in the feed. Something Mama often does. Something I rarely do, but they check each feeding just in case. Meanwhile, I get my knees almost knocked out from under me as I hurry from one trough to the next as the goats try to beat each other to the trough being filled. They are fun animals to raise.

We will not be going to church tonight because of our current illnesses. That is perhaps the saddest outcome, but it is for the best.

Check me out on Locals at https://www.locals.com/feed

0 comments:

Post a Comment