Demo Site

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Jake in the bathroom, Jake and sugar, Mykenzie’s morning

On one of the mornings of our time in West Virginia, while we were eating breakfast at Suzi’s, Mama had Jake go wash the his sticky fingers but since she was going too they went to the women’s bathroom. Jake discovered while they were in there that he needed to go to the bathroom so Mama left him in there to finish.
She came to me and asked me to watch for him because the door was very difficult to open. So I stationed myself outside the door and waited. I knew he was in there since I could hear him singing as he relieved himself. As usual, he took his time and I kept listening. Next I heard the hand dryer running – twice. Then he tried to open the door. It was a good thing I was standing by because he really did need my help.
We found Mama and she asked him if he had washed his hands. I told her I heard the hand dryer run twice and she looked at Jake and asked, “You were just warming up weren’t you?” “Yea Mama Kim it was really cold in there!”
We have definitely learned to limit his sugar intake. We have noticed a profound effect on him lately and while we were traveling we were a little worried. While he was in the vehicle there it seemed that our worries were unfounded, but I noticed that whenever we were out of the car he was in hyper-drive.
While we were in a Cracker Barrel for a potty break he must have said, “Hey. Mama Kim!”, one hundred and fifty times. I really don’t think Mama noticed but I did. Several other customers were following his movements and dialogue and really enjoying it. Once we were back in the car it was like a switch was turned off and he settled down for the last two hours of the trip. When we got home it was off to the races again. That time Mama noticed.
Our daughter told us that when she got up on a recent morning, Mykenzie was already out of bed and busy coloring. “How long have you been up?” she asked. “Oh, about five seconds.” It had obviously been much longer since the page she was working on was almost complete.
No wonder three-year-olds think a minute takes forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment