Demo Site

Monday, February 2, 2015

Help, Victoria’s house, Good news


In spite of the threat of rain we managed to get a lot done this weekend. It helped that Daniel Wycoff called early Saturday morning to ask if we could use his help. I hesitated to say yes, but I am not sure why. I was already working on the Mama’s vanity in our master bath and Grandpa did not seem too engaged. So I had Mama tell him to come on over. We could surely find some way to let him help.

When he got there I set him to assembling the nesting boxes I had cut out Thursday evening when I had taken the day off to help on the final assembly of the little metal shed. The chickens had been introduced to the building Thursday night but we had not put nesting boxes or roosts up. I had hoped Mama and Grandpa would work on them Friday but they found other things to do.

While I finished on the vanity Daniel built the nesting boxes. They turned out nicely because he saw what I had intended when I cut the pieces and he is a perfectionist in assembly. He had them ready a little before I got the vanity done so Grandpa helped install them in the coop building, but it was not with much enthusiasm. I have come to the conclusion that Grandpa is a xenophobe – at least, in practice. He disappeared as soon as I went to the coop to help install the roosts and complete the nesting boxes. In the end, Mama loved her new vanity and her new additions to the coop.

As of Friday Victoria was assured she would hear the final costs to close on her little house by some time today. Grandma and Grandpa are fronting all the money for the down payment. It is perhaps the wisest investment they will have ever made – in my humble opinion. That should complete the process of actually getting the finances in order to sign the papers so they can take position of the house and begin remodeling.

Victoria, Grandma and Grandpa are very excited about the ideas Grandpa has for the house. I hear only bits and pieces but I think Grandpa has the project well in hand; if he can hold up physically. I predict that the entire project will take most of the year but I hope Victoria and her grandparents will be able to move into the house early in the fall. Time will tell.

As that goes on I still have the materials for two projects on our farm so there will be plenty to keep all of us busy during the next few weeks as we wait on the final authorization to take possession of the house and property. Past those small projects I have three major ones to keep me busy through the end of the year.

Cori called yesterday and told us that both Grant and Blake had asked Jesus into their hearts. As she relayed the story of how that all came to pass I was struck by how having your children in the right church helps them formulate those questions and prepares us as parents to answer those questions.

As their children grow we will pray fervently, watch carefully and guard jealously their progress in understanding how God works in each of their hearts and lives until that faith is deeply rooted and personal.

Then we will pray fervently, watch carefully and praise the Lord continually as they grow in Him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment