Demo Site

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Maggie, Cori, Mama, me


While we were in Florida Maggie was going through a pretty rough time in Alaska. She had been having some pretty severe abdominal pain and it had been continuous for the month following her delivery. The end result was that she had to go to the hospital for a D&C to have her uterus cleaned out. She came through the surgery in good shape and is recovering fairly well for now. We are still praying for her to fully recover especially since Aaron is going to be gone for a month for training. By the way, her birthday is today.

Cori continues to send up pictures of Savanna. She is a very photogenic child. (But then, all of her children are.) As with every child, it will be interesting to see her grow and find out her personality and demeanor, her likes and dislikes, her strengths and weaknesses. With her nearest sibling being five years older she will be on the fast track for every learning experience life will require of her. With her sister being eight years older it may be challenging for her to develop some of her own passions rather than simply immolate those of her big sister but time will tell.

Mama and I went to church last night for VBS with the Walker family. Brother Walker, who shares my hair style, is always fast to make me a target for the ventriloquist portion of his performance; ribbing me about too much scalp showing, but it is always enjoyed by the crowd – and me. I happened to be sitting on the front row with a group of rowdy little four and five year old boys so I knew it would be coming. It is always fun.

Mama got to show pictures of her newest grandchild to some ladies but last night was far too busy to get much time to share any news. That will come on Sunday evening, but Mama is loaded with pictures and intimate details for the occasion – locked and loaded in that female way. It was good to be back in our church last night especially with the excitement of VBS.

Meanwhile, back at the farm, Mama discovered yesterday that we are missing several chickens. We are not sure if an animal is getting them or the heat, but we are down three that she knows for sure. If we are losing them to an animal we will have to be on guard because when a raccoon or fox discovers a weakness in our defenses, that animal will exploit it until the last chicken is eaten; one of the challenges of country living.

Mama’s hummingbirds are still coming to the feeders at the house. That is encouraging because it means they have nests in the woods nearby. If that is the case, they will come back year after year. That would thrill Mama. I imagine that by next summer she will have named each of them, in fact, I am surprised that it has not already happened.

With VBS and Ru on each of the next two nights it will be Saturday before is get back to watering the plants. I did not even take the time to see if the water I gave them Tuesday helped in a visible way because of VBS last night. I took a short nap when I got home knowing that I would be out late last night – and I helped tremendously.

Right now I am praying for direction as I consider the financial turmoil I will be dealing with in the next several weeks. There are so many things running through my mind that I am being pulled in too many directions at once. I need that stillness that only comes from knowing that the Lord is directing the decisions I have to make.

I am not there yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment