Demo Site

Friday, August 14, 2015

Sleeping in, prioritizing, Mama’s red Keurig


As I got up this morning I began to consider how nice it will be to sleep in tomorrow morning. When I sleep in it is usually no later than 7:30 that I get up, but even that has not been possible since we left for Florida. Grant and Blake are normally up between 6:00 and 6:30 a.m. every day and though they try to play quietly in the playroom, it is still difficult to stay asleep with them running through the house. That is not a complaint. It is only an observation. All in all, it is a pretty good way to be waked up.

The past several nights Mama and I have been helping in VBS at our church and following the close of VBS we have stayed around to help with cleanup from that night’s events and set up for the following night’s events. Getting to bed after 10 pm and getting up at 5:30 a.m. has been a challenge; not impossible but definitely challenging. So I am looking forward to sleeping in until at least 7:30 tomorrow.

Having every evening occupied makes it very difficult to keep up with things on the farm but I will have all day Saturday – when I eventually get up – to try to get a few things done. Unfortunately, there is only one of me and all the things that Mama is waiting on me to do – weed eating mainly – are not high on my agenda. They have to be done but I do not consider them urgent in the way she does.

Fortunately, the temperatures have stayed below 100®F for the past few days and the nights are starting to get below the 80®F mark so there is less stress on the plants I am fussing over. But the humidity is now below 35 % which makes my attention to watering even more urgent. I usually hold off until the late evening before I water the plants but that time of day always seems to creep up on me rather quickly.

While we were at Cori and Nate’s Mama and I started to reconsider getting another Keurig. I know at one point I bought three used Keurig while we were in Florida. I believe one went to Brittany – or maybe Maggie – one went to Cori and Nate and one eventually went to Chase. At the time I thought the cost of the pods was too high and Mama and I preferred the percolator brewed coffee; I still do, but it is hard to beat the convenience of the Keurig.

But Mama, being Mama, wanted a red one and neither of us wanted the newer model they recently marketed. We much prefer the older style with the three selector buttons on the top face. So with that in mind Mama searched through Craigslist and found one for sale that she really liked the sound of – especially for the price listed. She called and arranged to meet the lady selling it at a McDonalds a few miles from home. She is now the proud owner of her very own red Keurig 40 – which I have to buy special water for.

With bread machines (yes, plural) and pizza bakers and little pie makers and rice cookers and crockpots and coffee pots and water heating pitchers and deep fryers and blenders and food processors and toaster ovens and toasters and electric skillets and all other sorts of kitchen appliances I consider myself very fortunate to have a room in this house specifically set aside to house all these appliances.

Now all I need to do I build more shelves to hold them all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment