Demo Site

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Busy house, sleepover, tending to little things


As I got home yesterday afternoon I had to jump right in to help Mama put together two pans of her Mexican Casserole. She was making one to go home with a young lady from our church that had spent the day with Victoria in celebration of her birthday. Her name, by the way, is also Victoria. Visiting Victoria’s mother was having surgery yesterday so Mama wanted to fix something for her family’s dinner. Visiting Victoria enjoyed both the day out of school, the meal being sent home with her and helping our Victoria babysit the Echavarria children. Our Victoria had overbooked herself for the day.

She and Mama picked Victoria up at school fairly early yesterday morning and spent the morning finding her an outfit as a birthday present. Later that day they met Erin Echavarria to get the kids. The rest of the day was spent at home. Luke was struggling with two persons with the same name so he started calling them Victoria 1 and Victoria 2. That was still the case when I got home – and may carry forward to time we spend together at church. We will see tonight.

Gracie and Joseph, I found out a little after I got home, were spending the night with us. Gracie was very excited about the idea. I am told that when her mom arrived to get Luke and to take Victoria 2 home, that Gracie asked her mom if she would like to see “her room”. Erin got a real kick out of that. For the rest of the evening, when we were not outside, Gracie played in her room, on her bed. It was quite entertaining.

Mama had me spend some time getting feeders and waterers hung in various cages for chickens and guineas and since I had to go to the barn to get the wire I also brought back some fencing we had removed from the garden in Bowie to fortify my recovering grape vine against a further attack by Kobe. While I was at that task I also fixed the ground around it, pulling up the invading grass and putting in some prettier topsoil. I followed up the same routine on the blackberry and black raspberry plants I have planted along the back fence. Through this week I will tend to the trees in the back yard and the garden in the same way.

Mama and I went out later in the evening to get gas for her mower. She does need to mow sometime this week but I think the urgency is because Joseph wanted a ride on the mower. I am sure that will happen today. The mowing will more than likely wait until later in the week. I would like to go back to Victoria’s property and get the other half of her little acreage mowed down. But we will see if that happens or not since the forecast is calling for rain that day.

Mama had me leave the truck for her and Victoria today; even though it does not have a/c right now. She and Victoria are going to take Kira and Kobe to the vet in Bridgeport to be weighed so they will prescribe the medicines for the dogs to help us combat fleas. We do not have a flea problem and do not want to get one but the vet will not give the meds without a verified weight for each dog. The next obstacle is to get the meds into the dogs.

Victoria plans on putting the dogs in the bed of the truck. I am not sure how that will work out – especially since they have to travel on 60-70 mph roads to get there. But Victoria is fairly confident that she can make that happen. Time will tell.

I do not want any surprises on that trip because any surprise is likely to be an unhappy one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment