Demo Site

Monday, August 14, 2017

Over doing it, Cheyenne, Honduras


Mama, Mr. Plumley and I went to Trade Days Saturday morning – mostly so Mama could visit with friends who set up there every month. Mr. Plumley goes just to get out and see all the odds and ends that are sold. He thoroughly enjoys it and it is certainly not a hardship to take him. I hurried Mama a bit, not only because it was brutally hot, but because I needed to hitch the trailer to the truck and get to Lowe’s to get building materials for the shop. I am buying only what I need as I need it so it was not a big load. My main purpose was to get the breaker box hung. That required building the wall structure and getting a piece of plywood hung on that framework. Attaching the wood to the 2 ½ inch pipe is a bit of a chore but it provides a very sound structure. All the drilling, moving the twelve-foot boards and putting the plywood in place caused me to hurt that night, but it was worth it. Although it rained very hard through a good part of the time I was working on that first portion of wall, I managed to stay at it and before I stopped for the night, I had the breaker box mounted, wired in and covered with plastic – since more rain was forecast. I am hoping to have some time tonight to continue. I will be gone most of next week and the following week. My hope is to have the shop exterior done by the end of September even though I will be traveling one full week in September.

Yesterday we had only Cheyenne. Yilin is with her mom at Disneyworld. She enjoyed having me and Mama all to herself; happily chattering throughout the times we were in the car together. She even started off the morning with a little joke of her own. “Mama Kim, my sissy won’t talk to me.” She won’t?” “No…’cause she’s not there.” Giggles. “You’re too silly.” More giggles. The whole morning continued that way. We decided to go to the restaurant for lunch since she insisted that her mommy had ordered her to do so - and the silliness continued throughout lunch. I started the theme for the day by telling her that the dollar offering she had been given for children’s church should be given for the boys offering and not for the girls. Everything became a competition between boys and girls. Since the boys won the offering competition in children’s church, Cheyenne was looking for a win. So, during lunch, the girls won the empty your plate first since Mama ate what was on her plate before I did.

Update: Cori and Nate got to present their work in two churches yesterday and were taken on for support by the couple that took them out to lunch – members of the church they dropped into. Additionally, Cori was praying for a certain amount of money they needed to help with expenses for the trip to Honduras. She did not tell Nate about this specific prayer. The love offerings from the two churches yesterday supplied that amount plus. God is good.


Somehow drinking the contents of the water bottles we had been given became a competition, so I took Mama’s water bottle and started to pour the water from my bottle into hers. Cheyenne gasped and Mama quickly covered her bottle to stop me. When I got up to get some Jell-O, I whispered to Mama to empty her bottle into mine. When I got back to the table, the exuberant 4-year-old could not contain herself. “Girls won, Papa Tim! Mama Kim drank all her water. And we didn’t pour any water into your bottle.” “Cheyenne,” Mama Kim playfully scolded, “You weren’t supposed to tell him.” The wide-eyed look of shock on her face made us all laugh. She sang all the way home, “The girls won three times. The girls won three times.”

Nate, Cori and the kids had a great Sunday. They are now at 50% having been taken on by a couple in a church they dropped into Sunday morning; and they got to present their work in that church that afternoon. They were excited. They will fly out to Honduras this morning. It will be the first time the kids have flown and it will be their first time out of the country. I would love to be able to capture the initial expressions and actions when they realize just how different Honduras is. We are praying for their safety. We are praying that they will have a good twelve days getting familiar with the inner workings of the ministry. We are praying that the kids will see their part in this ministry and will quickly make friends.

There are experiences we all have that are life changing. This will be one of those experiences for the older grandchildren.
Maggie celebrated a birthday and an anniversary last week. She even got a surprise from her hubby during his deployment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment