Demo Site

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Rosie, Cori and Nate’s arrival, the twins



Yesterday afternoon, after work, I took Rosie to the vet for the last time. It was sad to have to put her down but it was certainly time. As the vet worked on her, prepping her for what he needed to do, he told me she had almost no circulation in her feet and legs. She has been kind of staggering around on the smooth flooring we have in the house. Now I know why. On my part, I have not handled her for some time and was surprised to see how much hair she had rubbed off her back and belly trying to get some relief from the itching caused by the multiple skin cancer eruptions she had. As dogs go, she was a good dog for our family for almost sixteen years. Hopefully, Mama will not seek to replace her. With Kira and Kobe, we have enough dogs in the house.

Cori, Nate and the kids should arrive in Decatur this afternoon. I was told that they plan to hook up the camper at a local RV park until I have the work completed to park the camper at the farm. In preparation for their arrival and for our departure to Brittany’s only a couple days from now, I baked a turkey last night that we can have for dinner tonight – and for leftovers for the remainder of the week. It also helped to get the turkey out of the little chest freezer to make room for the beef I just brought home. Victoria and I made cornbread so we can turn that into cornbread dressing to go along with the turkey. I do not remember if the kids like turkey or not, but I know Nate and Cori will enjoy it. It will give Nate leftovers to eat while we are in Wichita with Brittany, Andrew and the twins. As for the kids, I know we have plenty of peanut butter. I will have to check our inventory of marshmallow cream.

The twins did great their first couple days at home. As the weeks accrue they will become more active and more animated and more demanding, but Brittany, Andrew (below with one of the girls) and Mama have enjoyed having them in the house versus the hospital. Mama told me that they still have to be taken to the hospital at least daily to have bloodwork done but that should come to an end by the end of this week. Victoria and I will get to meet them Thursday evening. I am looking forward to that. I am more looking forward to seeing Mama.

I have made little progress on the trench that I need dug in order to run the electric service from the meter to the shop. I am a little concerned about the project because the forecast is for significant rain starting Friday and continuing every day through the following Friday. My hope was to get the wire and conduit laid before the rain started, but that does not look like that will happen – unless Nate can bale me out. There is a slight chance of rain today. It would actually be nice to soak the ground of the trench so it would soften the clay somewhat. Right now, it is like working with rock. That is part of the reason I have made so little progress. That and the fact of covering all the evening chores that Mama normally tends to. It will happen in good time so I will not stress over it.

I am looking forward to a couple days off from work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment