Demo Site

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

To travel or not to travel, sickness, shopping


If it holds, I got a reprieve on some travel. I was scheduled to attend a three-day conference in Houston next week but due to workload and advancing priorities at work I have been taken off that roster. It would have been a very informative conference to attend but I am needed elsewhere. I am not horribly disappointed. It will give me an extra week of evenings to work on the farm projects. A week of not sleeping in a hotel bed. A week of not eating out - struggling to find things that I can actually eat. A week of evenings home with Mama. Not a bad deal. It is not a slam dunk yet, I still need to find out if the Marketing Manager, who originally scheduled me for the conference, is okay with substituting another employee for me, but I am fairly confident that I am in the clear.

Tomorrow we will head to Brittany’s. At least, Mama and I will. I am not sure if Victoria will feel up to traveling. She is having another bout of coughing with headaches and some minor bowel issues. I was a little concerned about myself last night. I always have an upset stomach after we go to our FBI class. It does not seem to matter what I eat or drink. The results are always the same. Last night was no exception but last night the stomach discomfort felt more like a stomach bug than a simple upset stomach. I tried sleeping in the recliner. I tried sleeping in the bed. I finally fell asleep on the couch. I do not feel much relief this morning, so I will have to be careful today and honestly monitor my condition. The last thing we need to do is take any sickness to the twins. I would hate to miss going since sickness kept us from visiting them two weeks ago. It has been a rough couple months for me, Mama and Victoria, but we are not alone it that.

Mama and I swapped vehicles this morning so she could have the truck. She is taking one of our rabbits to the vet. We had one rabbit who got ear mites. It was a bad infection/infestation. I eventually dispatched her because we could not get her well and we wanted to spare the other rabbits from the same infestation. We may have waited too long. In order to find out, we are taking our lone female – who is due to have babies this coming weekend – and have the vet check her out to see what, if anything, we need to do. It is always better to know than to guess. I don’t imagine that it will be an expensive visit, but I will find out soon. We are talking about selling the bucks and keeping only the pregnant doe. It would be better to know that the rabbits are healthy before we offer them for sale. We are not rabbit people, but we would like to see some babies be born. They might make good Christmas presents.

Mama’s shopping trip yesterday was a success. At least, in her eyes. From my point of view, I made out okay. She did call me twice to see if she could purchase things that were not on her list, but as we talked through each bobble that caught her eye, we came to the conclusion that it would be better to pass on the additional purchase for the time being.

That may not be the case as we barrel towards Black Friday, but it worked out yesterday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment