Demo Site

Friday, December 15, 2017

Feeding problems, practice, materials


When I got home, Mama was doing her evening feeding. All seemed well until she went over to feed the calves. While she was over in the barn lot Daisy decided to come for a visit and bring a few friends with her. She alone might not have been a problem, but when some of the cows started jumping the fence to get to the feed she was setting out for the calves, we started to see an issue. With all that going on, Mama was in the barn putting out more cubes to make sure the claves did not get beat out of all the feed while competing with the bigger cows. I fussed at her to stop because the ten or so cows and bulls on the other side of the fence were looking for a way to get to the feed they knew was being poured out. All in all, only a few came over, but we had no time to get them back onto Wayne’s property before we needed to leave. They might actually be content to stay since we have a fresh bale of hay set out and plenty of water close by. I do not want it as a long-term solution, but I have to repair the fence before I get the strays back to their owner. All this excitement and still Daisy came without her calf. I am not sure what Mama will find this morning. We could have several extras or we could have an empty barn lot if the calves decided to go next door for a visit. I’m just glad the cows did not smell the alfalfa we got down from the loft to feed the goats. We might have had a stampede.

The hour I got to spend with Erin Echevarria going over the cantata music was a great help to both of us. Mama was there with us as we played and sang through the songs that had been giving both of us problems. About 45 minutes into the practice Mama called on me to stop before I lost my voice completely. For some reason I have been struggling with my voice. For about five weeks or so – as we have been practicing the cantata in choir practice before the evening service – I have had to have Bro. Zach lead the music for the evening service. My voice has been too worn out by the time choir practice was over. Everyone has been very gracious, but it is troubling to me personally. Mama went on to get involved in play practice after Erin and I had gone over as much music as we had time for.

I went to Wendy’s for Mama – who was not hungry when we were at home but was suddenly faint with hunger when we were at the church. I got extra fries for the Echevarria kids knowing Mama would not be able to eat in front of them without feeding them also. While the actors practiced their lines, I went to Lowes. Since I did not have much money to spend last night I shopped for insulation for the well house. Trying to interpret the information on the packaging and cross reference that with what I knew I needed took more time than I had thought it would. I did finally settle on a planned purchase; maybe early next week. In looking for insulation I would like to put in the shop, I was thoroughly disappointed with what was available – at least price-wise. I will have to spend a lot more time and prayer to come to a workable solution to address that issue.

I did pick up some cans of foam to do some preliminary sealing of the floor and ceiling in the well house and a couple cover plates for junction boxes I put in while relocating the breaker box. Nothing that cost much, besides, I will not have time to do much this weekend anyway.

By the time I write this blog Monday morning the cantata will be over. Pray for us. We need it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment