Demo Site

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Tis the season, cold


Mama went for a massage after work last night. Her appointment for the massage had been rescheduled several times but yesterday she was finally able to work out the timing. In getting the massage, she had to travel to a shopping area in Ft Worth. That inspired her to compile a Christmas wish list. We briefly talked about the list at lunch on Tuesday, but I was not tuned into the details. I was more interested in getting the best guess of the projected cost. When she told me that figure, I was okay with the price – thinking we would do this over the next two weeks; since I get paid later this week. That was not necessarily Mama’s plan. When she told me that the debit card on our primary account had been declined, I knew I had underestimated her zeal to finish her Christmas shopping early. By the time she got home we had less than $60 in each of the two bank accounts. Fortunately, my company is giving out Christmas bonuses this year.

I cannot spend too much time dwelling on the issue, but she has definitely been in a mood to spend lately; especially on LuLaRoe items. I suppose it is subconsciously driven because I have had to spend a fair amount on materials and fixtures for the projects I am trying to complete at the farm. When I build structures, she fills closets and spaces in the house. Not necessarily a bad thing but I cannot keep up with both long term. Fortunately, Christmas will be over soon enough – and we will enjoy every present that is bought and given. My building projects will continue through the summer of next year so that spending will gradually stop. However, we will probably still be very strong supporters of LuLaRoe long after I have ceased to need large building material purchases.

I did not get much done last night. I went over to the well house and studied how I was going to assemble the door and frame. I got the door from the church. We recently put in new glass doors at the church. The older metal doors were to be discarded so I took both of them home. One will go on the shop and the other will go on the well house. Since the metal frames were destroyed when they were removed, I will have to build the frames for the doors on the openings I have designed in each building. It will not be too much extra effort, but it will take some time and I did not have it last night. Now, at least, I know how I want to do the installation. I worked a bit on wiring in the well house, but I did not have all the tools at hand to do it properly, so I cut my time over there short. Besides, I was feeling really cold last night.

As we unloaded the Sequoia last night – well after dark – all three of us were complaining about how cold it felt. The temperature was showing to be 42° F, but it did not feel like it. Contrasting this morning, it was 25° F and it did not feel that cold. Not sure why it works out that way, but Mama may have trouble getting water to the animals this morning since we left the hoses hooked up last night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment