Demo Site

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Change of direction, looking for direction


Mama and I came in to the office for a coaching session last night. We were not able to devote much time to our business last week, so I had not made much progress in outlining properties in Florida for us to review. Mama and I had two to look over, but we were not excited about working in Florida. It is not a user-friendly state as far as this business is concerned; but when Theresa got online with us, we jumped in where we were and slugged through a couple counties as she showed us how to navigate through the nuances on the county websites. Each one different from the last. On a whim, Mama asked her a question about where she was going next and she replied that her next buying trip was to Oklahoma. Specifically, Comanche County. That happens to be only an hour or so away from me and Mama and we let her know that.

 That being said, we jumped into the Comanche County website and were shown the list provided for that sale. There are some new rules that Mama and I must learn about how the auction is conducted, how to register and get our deposit in, how to pay for properties purchased, etc., but we may be able to attend the sale in mid-June. Oklahoma has one sale per year. Every county holds their sale on the same day. So, Mama and I can only go to one sale this year. If we do attend the sale in Comanche County, we will get to meet Theresa. She already has a dozen houses picked out. It was encouraging to me and Mama that we may be ready in time for the upcoming sale. We have enough money available to potentially succeed at the auction and we will have our coach there with us. Seems like a win-win.



Mama has her follow up appointment with the doctor who is looking at doing the spinal block on her back to relieve the sciatic pain she is experiencing. I am planning on being with Mama as she gets that consult. Mama wants me to hear the discussion, the instructions, the prognosis and the associated risks. The costs associated with the diagnostics are starting to accumulate so I need to know what we are looking at over the next few months – financially speaking. Are there alternatives? What is our timeframe? Is replacement surgery the best option? Can we really fix this? I ask that because I have been told for both my back pain and my colon pain, there is no remedy. I have to learn to live with the pain. That does not seem to be the case with Mama’s knee issues, but we need to ask the question anyway. More on that tomorrow.

All the kids have been good about sharing videos of their children (our grandchildren) with Mama. With that to look forward to and the training we are now getting as we pursue this business, technology is slowly becoming Mama’s friend. Over the last weekend, I helped her order something online, using only her phone – it has the tiniest screen – and when the order was complete she looked at me wide-eyed and declared, “I’m gonna like this!”  To my children and others who share these videos with Mama, I say thank you. Keep them coming – sometimes I even get to see them.

I will handle the online ordering issue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment