Demo Site

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Coaching, training, flying


Monday evening, we had a coaching session with Theresa. We only spent forty minutes in the session because Mama and I did not have any other questions or new direction we wanted to head. We started off by getting the particulars and pathways to complete the research on the homes in Lawton that we are interested in bidding on. Mama and I will have to spend a lot of time on the computer getting all those particulars. It is not a straightforward process, but it can be done with persistence. The coaching sessions have been a big help to us. Because of those instructions and discussions, we feel excited and ready to go to the upcoming auction. That is a very big change in attitude for Mama. Originally, she was not even remotely interested in doing live auctions if it could be avoided. Now she is anxious to go; determined to get two properties out of the auction. Plus, we are doing a full profile on one house available on the leftover list from a county in Arkansas. That bid will be placed on the 17th of next month.

Yesterday I was in class all day. I was not the instructor for this class. It was led by coworker whom I have coached in delivering the class. He had to be audited yesterday in order to be able to teach the class for us in the future. I am happy to say that he passed the audit without even the least concerns on the part of the lady who does all our audits; another coworker – who happens to be his boss. She even remarked that if we develop a Training Department, he should be in that department rather than where he now works. She is not one who is lavish with praise, so that was a very high recommendation. I will have him teach the class next month and travel to Conyers, Georgia for the class there that is scheduled the week of Mama’s surgery. Having the additional instructor will be great benefit to this company going forward – and I will feel better when Mama and I finally move to fulltime self-employment. There are two more individuals I am working to qualify as instructors, but they are still several months out at this point.

Mama and I cut short our time with Theresa last night mostly because we felt like we had enough information and direction to move forward but also because Mama needed to get to bed early. She was scheduled to get up this morning at 4 am to take Victoria to the airport to catch a flight to Florida. Victoria will be there until Memorial Day – saying a final stateside goodbye to Nate, Cori and the kids. (Mostly to the kids.) It seems thatit was a very short night for both Mama and Victoria. I got up at 1:30 to use the bathroom and Mama walked in just as I was exiting. She told me this morning that she did not go back to sleep. When she finally got up at 3 am, Victoria was already up and ready to go, so they left. I do not know what time her flight was scheduled to leave but I know she was there in plenty of time. Mama got back home before I left for the office at 6:20. Victoria had already called to let Mama know that she had gotten through security very quickly and was at her gate. There were only two people in the security line with her when she got there. I would have like that as opposed to some of the security lines I have been in lately.

Of course, Mama laid down for a bit right after I left this morning. We had a set time for me to give her a wakeup call, but she texted me before the alarm went off to let me know she was up and going. Church tonight might be a rough for her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment