Demo Site

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Business update. still focused on Mama


With our attention focused primarily on Mama, we have not devoted much time to our business. Fortunately, with the approach we are talking, there is a three-week respite in the auction schedule we are following. That has worked to our advantage this month, however, Mama and I have to be on the ball right from the start next month. Several counties we are following will allow mail-in bids on properties that did not sell in the initial auction. Mama and I have our eye on two properties that we will need to provide bids on at about the same time I will be attending an auction in Garland County, AR. I have been using a portion of my lunch hour each day to continue working through the large list of properties in Garland County in order to be ready for that auction. At the same time, I am contacting realtors to look at the houses we are interested in buying in two other counties. I sure have missed Mama’s help this week but have muddled through as I can while still being available for her through the evenings. Since we are not leaving her alone at any time, I have not been able to get back to the office any evening this past week. Again, the need to do so has not been great with the lull in activity in county sales in this particular state. And, I have to remember that it has only been a week since Mama’s surgery. It just seems like longer to all of us. The bottom line is that although our routine is completely thrown into chaos, we are still on track to purchase at least one house early next month, with the probability that we will be able to get two houses by the middle of July.

After several not so good nights, Mama had a really good night last night. I had promised her when she laid down for the night that I would wake easily should she need me to help her out of bed during the night. I meant it. I even woke a couple times during the night to check to see if she might be waiting on me to rouse so I could help her. As far as I knew when I got up before the alarm this morning, she had not needed me. When I kissed her goodbye this morning, she confirmed that she had slept through the night – but was desperate to get up right then if I had time to help her. Of course, I did.

Before Victoria got home yesterday evening, Mama and I were thinking about who we could call to help her tomorrow. Victoria has Thursday and Friday off so today was our only concern. Mama made a call to an older lady in the church that had offered to help and left a message. When Victoria got home, she let us know that she had taken today off as well as the previously scheduled days. That took care of today. Tomorrow, Victoria will take Mama to the doctor’s office to get her dressing changed and get any updates on medications and physical therapy needs. Mama is scheduled to see the doctor next Tuesday. I will be in attendance for that appointment. That is when we will find out is we are really on the right track with her care.

For now, Friday afternoon is the only time we do not have Mama covered. On that afternoon, Victoria will be heading up to visit Brittany. That visit was scheduled before Mama’s surgery was scheduled, we did not want Victoria to change that. It will leave Mama alone for a few hours that afternoon, but we are pretty sure she will be okay until I get home. If not, Grandma will come over to sit with her and help her if needed. Mama can get some rest when I get home. I will be on duty for the weekend with Grandma covering during church services. Victoria will be back Sunday evening – and we start all over. We probably only have a couple more weeks to exercise such caution, but we will do so for as long as needed. It’s easier when we know there is healing on the other side.

Last night, Mama satin a chair at the edge of the patio as I took care of her animals. We are not in a hurry for her to venture any further.

0 comments:

Post a Comment