Demo Site

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Life with the twins


It is sometime difficult to get started when writing. There are so many incomplete thoughts. So many unimportant distractions. So little focus. I am amazed that I can go through an entire day and not be able to single out a significant remembrance of that twenty-four period. Of course, we still have the twins with us. We still went to church last night for the mission’s conference. The twins went with us. Victoria even got her shift swapped so she could go to the service and the preceding dinner as well. It was a rush through the chores and the evening routine to get ready to go – especially with having to get the twins ready as well. But we made it. We enjoyed it. We will repeat the process again this evening for the final service of the conference. It has been a great time of recommitting ourselves to missions in both our financial commitment as well as renewing our spiritual focus to support our missionaries in prayer. Substantive, specific prayer.

Zoe and Sophia did well through the dinner and the service last night. Our nursery provides little pagers to call mothers as required to the nursery. The pager Mama was given did not buzz until the service was almost over. So, the twins did very well in the nursery. Although, I am certain they were happy to see Victoria when she answered the summons. Once the service was over they happily marched through the auditorium greeting everyone with their sing-song “Hi! Hi!”. Everyone loved the rather loud greeting. The fact that it was happily repeated to anyone who made eye contact made everyone laugh. Erin Echeveria suggested that if she could record the greeting, she would make it her ring tone. That would be awesome. We need to get Brittany to market that.

The girls must have been pretty worn out because once they talked to their mama, they went right to sleep. I heard a couple early morning cries as I got up to get ready for work, but other than that they seem to have slept well through the night. In spite of the storms that thundered and flashed through the late-night hours. The storms abated before I got up this morning. I am not sure how much rain we have gotten but so far, but we are forecast to get at least one more inch through today and tonight. To say that we are thoroughly soaked is an understatement, but it is a blessing to start our Spring with plenty of rain. The precipitation will end soon, and the heat will start to bake us. For now, we are enjoying the moist respite.

Victoria is off today and tomorrow. That will be a help to Mama and a fun time for the girls. The twins still will have little to do with me because of my facial hair, so we make it a teasing time. I do not overdo it, but I do have fun with their reaction to my approaches. They are very definite. I have to assume that the beard makes me look less like a man to them. They know it is me, but they seem to associate the facial hair with something more animal. At least, that is what I am assuming by their reaction. I promised Mama I would make a decision whether or not to keep the beard by the end of the month. I intend to keep that promise.

For now, it is nice not to have to shave…or constantly be in need of a shave.

0 comments:

Post a Comment