Demo Site

Friday, August 23, 2019

Number 15, crafts


One item of particular note that happened while I was traveling was that Chase let Mama know that grandchild number 15 is on the way. I was driving from Springfield to the airport in St Louis when I missed calls from both Chase and Mama. Of course, I called Mama first once I stopped for a break and she told me the news. I figured if Chase called me – which rarely happens – there was baby news involved. I tried to return the call but got a full mailbox notice and could not even leave a message. If I understand correctly Makaila and Brittany are due within days of each other late in February or early March next year.

As far as Mama’s and my availability to be there for the births, we are not even sure at this point we are struggling to determine whether or not I will still be working fulltime in my current role or if we will be fulltime in our business by then. I certainly know which I would prefer, but at this moment in time I am not sure what to expect that many months out. Mama and I are somewhat disappointed, but we are committed to the project – heavily committed. To be so hands off on such a costly and valuable enterprise is a frustrating lesson in humility, trust and patience. When we get through this, we will have story to tell about the abundant grace of God.

Mama and Kim Cantrell have been working together to make some crafty stuff to sell. So far, their focus has been on earrings. Kim Cantrell is quite the artist and between her and Mama they have been able to make some very cute earrings. They have not been able to get together very often, but they are enjoying the times they do work together on their little business.
For little girls

This weekend should be our last hot weekend of the year. If the forecasts are accurate, the temperatures are going to start falling over the next several weeks. I looked ahead and was surprised by the pace at which the nighttime temps are predicted to fall. One of my coworkers was remarking that they just got their pool set up. My advice was to enjoy it as much as possible for the next two to three weeks. By the end of September, we should have nights in the low sixties. At that point, the pool will be too cold to swim in.

I, personally, am looking forward to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment