Demo Site

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Farm plans, nature, news at home, Maggie

We managed to find a decent tractor for a price we can afford. The problem has been finding a trailer to haul it. I have been looking for good used trailers and they seem to be in very short supply. When we do find one the price is not much less than a new one so today, if the tractor is still available, Mama and Grandpa will negotiate on a trailer Grandpa has had his eye on for a month or so.


That being said, if we get the trailer to go get the tractor – if it is still there – Grandpa and I are planning on driving to Nashville, TN and back this weekend. It will be about two thousand miles in a couple of days, but it will allow us to have a tractor next week as we clean up the property. I plan on working out of the Decatur office for most of the week so we can be there when the log home is delivered. This will make our time there more productive.

Norman was telling Grandma that they shook a little bit yesterday with the earthquake that shook the East Coast. I have never experienced that but I think I will get to before the Lord comes back. I have been through several hurricanes like the one that is heading towards that area. I have not heard any rainfall predictions but in that area it will cause a horrible mess. I would gladly petition for the Lord to redirect it towards us. I have a feeling that very few in these parts would mind. If things are as they predict, Grandpa and I should be going through about the same time it does. Hopefully we will be to the west of the storm.

Victoria arrived safely wherever it was she was going. Can you tell I am out of the loop?

Chase is thrilled because he is gaining ground on the savings he is accumulating for his time in New Jersey. He let me know that his administrator here and Mrs. Miller talked and got the syllabus straightened out so he will be able to graduate without any problems next spring. He is really excited about going back. I hope his expectations are met. I think they will be, but life has a funny way of throwing us a curve now and then; sometimes the younger we are the more dramatic those moments seem.

Mama is getting used to having time to herself. The three little ones she watched are now pretty permanently with their mother – which is as it should be. That leaves Mama without any scheduling conflicts so she and Grandpa are free to scout out farm related items. It is costing me about the same in gas as it always has, but it is nice to have Mama available more of the time. It at least will allow her to spend next week with me in Decatur.

Maggie called me excited about the church she has found very near their apartment. I do not remember the name of the church but they have a Christian School and College at the facility there in her town and the pastor told her to spend as much time there as she would like. She is worried about being too lonely during Aaron’s long deployments. I think she may be on to something with the church.

She and Aaron will be talking about it this week so be praying for wisdom for them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment