Demo Site

Monday, August 1, 2011

Mama and shoes, Mama and Skype, Jake

I took Friday off so I could spend some time with Mama. She had some last minute shopping to do to wrap things up for the wedding and I had not had much part in all the preparations due to my work schedule. We had fun. We usually do but what was special to Mama was that as she tried on a pair of shoes – on sale of course – I found several other pair on an even bigger sale.


One particular pair she was excited about was a bright red pair. Miraculously, they fit her perfectly. There were two other pair that fit from the super sale, but the red shoes were the outstanding find. The sad ending to the story is that Victoria wore them to church Sunday morning and ruined them while she was wrestling around with some of the kids in Primary Church so Mama won’t get to wear them with the winter dress they matched “perfectly”. Oh well. She still has the three other pair we found.

She was still a little worried about her outfit for the wedding especially since David’s Bridal had a silver dress that made her look so good she set up an appointment for me to see her try it on. We did not make the appointment since the cost was a little over $150. I’ve already said my piece about “to be worn once dresses.” So to settle her mind she tried what she planned to wear to the wedding for Maggie and Cori via Skype.

The way her all-in-one computer is set up she had to stand on a chair to model the outfit for the camera. I thought it was pretty funny to see Mama perched on a chair doing slow circles while her audience in Pace, Florida gave a running commentary, trying to ease her mind. I still don’t think she is satisfied with it, but we will all have to make due. At least she found the perfect pair of shoes to go with it.

I tried on my tux and it still fits me well. I have no idea what shirt and tie I will be wearing with it. I have not been told yet, but what was obvious was that it needed to be cleaned. It still had makeup and baby slobbers on it from the last time I wore it – at Cori’s wedding. It is at the cleaners getting prepped for Maggie’s wedding which we all hope will go on as scheduled. It is one of the things we are praying about pretty diligently.

Jake called on Friday Saturday and Sunday. All told he called at least forty times this weekend. It got to be a little annoying, but mostly it was pretty amusing. It seems his home phone would not connect properly to Mama’s phone. He could hear us but we could not hear him. The best part was when Chase was answering the phone as we waited on Mama. Chase has a low tolerance for such things.

Chase answered the fifth call in three minutes and said calmly, “Jake if this is you we can’t hear you. Call on another phone.” Then he hung up. Almost immediately the phone rang again (Mama’s well known baby laughing ring tone). Chase growled through his teeth and answered, “Hello Jake. Try back again later. We can’t hear you.” He hung up. Almost immediately the phone rang again. He rejected the call and continued to reject all subsequent calls until he gave the phone back to Mama. All told he called thirteen times in about eight minutes. Can you say speed dial.

Mama finally got to call him back between his attempts to get through to her. For some reason, they can talk when she does that and she tried to explain that we just could not hear him when he called her phone from his home phone. To which he answered, “Chase said to try back later so I did and then he wouldn’t answer.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment