Demo Site

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Balancing the books, travel plans, construction plans

Even with the money I have tied up waiting on the title to Victoria’s car I think we will still have enough to buy the metal required to put a roof on the shop and apartment; when the account settles today I will know for certain. It is a balancing act to which many of us are well accustomed. I get paid tomorrow so we should be fine. I am planning on taking the next two days off to get a four day weekend in order to have the time to complete the roof. Getting the metal to cover the exterior will have to wait until the car title is cleared and the loan is written.


We are praying to have the paperwork in hand by the weekend since Mama and I are planning on going to Amarillo on Monday so I can work out of the Borger office for a couple days. It would be good timing to get all the banking done, but the timing could be problematic. It is in the Lord’s hands and I will not stress over a delay in what we see as effective timing when I know God is working in the background.

I need to get to Borger because the people in that office need face time and I have the opportunity to give it to them although my boss is not happy with the idea of my traveling there solely for the purpose of spending time there. To me it adds value so he has deferred to my judgment. He will not regret it.

I think there is an unspoken understanding that I will not be in this job for much longer and the more I can get done to settle frayed nerves and calm people down the better it will be for him as he works with the seven other managers responsible for the people who share the Borger office with our group. If I can lay the groundwork for a smooth transition to a smaller office there, it will be much easier to make the difficult decisions of who gets to move from their nice big office to a cubicle and why, when the move is required later this year.

I got to talk with the helper at the lumber yard in Nocona on Saturday and he let me know that the insulation and doors I have ordered are set aside waiting on me to pick them up. That is good news since I will need them very soon. I already have the windows at the farm and have been dragging my feet on getting them cut into the apartment since I worried about damaging them while the roof was being put on.

Next week I should be able to get that done also and the structure will take on the look of a dwelling rather than a shop building. Mama and I still have to make the trip to get the kitchen cabinets in Rogers, TX. I have looked at the stack of boxes that my unassembled cabinets are packaged in and it will be a full pickup load. It would have been nice to get them while I was coming back from Houston, but that was not the case. God had other plans.

In any case, they are available and paid for… and only two hundred miles away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment