Demo Site

Thursday, February 14, 2013

More travel, final items, newborns

With the date for the interview now set my mind can go on to planning for that event. Yesterday in our weekly staff meeting, I had the opportunity to let the ladies in my group know that I will be in Houston for a job interview next week. I did ask that they keep the information somewhat private until we see how it plays out, but I did not want to sneak around trying to accomplish this on the sly but rather have them aware of what was going on.


I also let the people at church that have been praying for me in this decision know that I have been asked to interview. Most of them do not understand what that actually means but they are at least aware that it is a big deal for Mama and I in how it will affect us over the next several years. I will find out how we are going to work out the location to office while stateside as we talk on Tuesday but I am not planning on relocating. I have been assured that that is not a deal breaker but we will see as I get more information.

On the practical side, I will be able to use a company truck for the required travel. Since the interview is from 6:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. I will not come back to the farm on Tuesday. I am planning on staying with Grandma and Grandpa Kline in Chappell hill Tuesday night and swing by Rogers, TX to retrieve some cabinets I bought for the apartment on my way home. Sarah and Fabian also have some windows I would like to get for the apartment also.

They have a pretty big stash of windows Fabian bought for use on a green house he has built. The problem he had in collecting the windows was finding those of uniform size to use in the construction. What he has built looks very nice. The windows he has left are odd sizes which I would feel very comfortable using in a less pristine looking project on our farm. For the moment I would like to get one particular window to use in the bathroom of the apartment. From a casual glance I gave it months ago, I think it would work.

I have not talked to either my Mom and Dad or Fabian and Sarah about my plans so I really should get that arranged. Hopefully I will have opportunity today but I am in meetings from about 7 a.m. until almost 4 p.m. Tomorrow looks a little less occupied during work hours but I can always call after work – if I remember.

I asked Mama is she had been to look at the garden this week. I have not. With nights in the thirties and days in the sixties I am curious if anything is sprouting yet. It has been a very tiring week so I have not done much once I am home. I have finished up the reviews for my group and have even completed all the requisite paperwork for those to be closed out for 2012. I paid particular attention to what I wrote with the thought in mind that a new boss may be reading it soon.

I wanted to make sure that any opinion formed from my review put everyone in the best possible light. What I have left to accomplish for my ladies is to get approval for promotions for two of them. I do not think it will be a difficult task but it does require the approval of my boss. If I accomplish that I will have secured promotions for everyone in my group over the past two years in this job.

Last night after church Mama got a chance to see one of the newest babies in the church. The associate pastor and his wife live in a house next to the church so Mama was invited to see the baby girl when the service was over. I sat on the front pew waiting and got to talk to several people as I did so. The baby’s father came to me after about a half hour and said, “All the women are back from looking at the baby. Your wife must have settled in for a while.”

Yeah, that would be Mama.

0 comments:

Post a Comment