Demo Site

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Interview, distractions, Cori, Jake and Maggie

Yesterday was an extremely difficult day at the office. It was one of those days that was full of nothing but distractions; people talking right outside of my office door, overhearing three or more phone conversations at once, everyone seemed to be up walking the halls. Our offices here are not built for privacy, you can hear everything that is being said all the way to the end of the hall, but the tone of the office is not usually that discomfiting.


I knew I was not the only one feeling befuddled when I got an email from one of the ladies who works for me asking if I would think it rude if she put in both of the ear buds so she could use her phone to mute the office cacophony. I told her that would be fine as long as she was not offended if I shut my door. The background noise continued through the day and was still going strong when I left a little before 4 p.m. Our bonus will be announced this week; maybe that’s the reason.

On the bright side, a little after 11 a.m. yesterday I sent an email to the person doing the interviews for the Licensing job seeking an update. Less than ten minutes later I got a reply in which he apologized for the delay and explained that someone would be calling me to schedule an interview in Houston – probably within the day. About twenty minutes after that I did get the call to schedule me to meet with the Licensing group in Houston. The original date requested was February 26th but I asked to have it moved up to the 18th. Within the hour I got my confirmation for hotel reservations. Praise the Lord!

Cori called me the day before yesterday with a health related question. I answered her the best I knew how. The outcome of that conversation was to schedule an appointment with a local doctor or a local herbalist – someone versed in iridology. The doctor did not work out for a number of reasons so she scheduled to see the herbalist. That appointment was yesterday. It was both a rewarding and disappointing visit. It was rewarding in the sense that she got some explanation of the symptoms she was dealing with. It was disappointing in that she was not offered any solution –only a laundry list of competing factors.

In a situation like hers, the best thing that can be done is to offer a person a place to start. The herbalist may not be able to hit on the exact root cause but he/she should be able to see past the clutter to the beginning of a solution. That was not the case. Rather, Cori was given a list of things to buy at a cost of about $300; not much help. So she and I will work together and get to the root of the imbalance. Pray for her that we’ll get to the bottom of this.

Maggie called last night to tell Mama she had finally gotten hold of Melissa Samenza to tell her about her and Aaron expecting. Of course, Melissa was very excited and promised to stay in touch throughout the pregnancy, especially with the long move Maggie and Aaron will be making to Alaska. Then Jake got in on the blessed tidings, and as always, had his own take on the matter. He told Maggie that if she had a boy she should name it Jake. Maggie hesitated; citing concerns Aaron might not be too keen on that name, even though they loved it.

With typical Jake style he scolded her saying, “Well at least consider it.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment