Demo Site

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mama’s mower, Mama’s mission


Mama has been enjoying having her big mower. She mowed the pasture by the apartment the other day as I was experimenting with the disc mower in the big meadow. Yesterday she mowed the little meadow by the apartment. Grandpa and I had our sights on the little meadow for hay but the last time we cut it we got only three bales off of it; hardly worth the effort. It looks pretty good after Mama added it to her mowing area.

She is going to do a little cutting in the meadow this afternoon and I am planning on completing the task when I get home later today. I can appreciate the effort Grandpa put into the farm over the last couple years. It is a lot of ground to cover. I regret that he did not take the time to teach me the nuances of the equipment, but God will send help from other parts when I need it.

Grandma and Grandpa are talking about coming down in late June. It will be good to have them here if they do come but those plans are still up in the air. Grandma’s heath may derail those plans. I have heard that Norman is planning a trip to the Ukraine early in June so it will be beneficial to have coverage in West Virginia in his absence. I still do not know for sure why he is going but he has his own reasons and we will pray for safety there and back.

Mama and Victoria have to get the little van to the mechanic today so he can look at the power steering pump. It is making a noise that is getting progressively worse. I was out doing a couple errands in Decatur yesterday and had the windows down. I got to hear the noise it is making very clearly and it concerned me enough that I feel like we need to get it attended to. We will wait and see how that turns out.

Later today Mama and Victoria are planning to go to Sam’s. At least that is what I have been told is the reason for the trip. I know Mama has a little money from a couple refund checks she plans to spend on buying a purse. She has been after me to get her a purse since before we went on vacation and when she gets an idea like that stuck in her head it is better to let her get it done.

Maybe today that lingering need will be fulfilled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment