Demo Site

Thursday, May 1, 2014

New arrivals, surprise visit, errands, chest pains


We were all home from church pretty late last night. I was in bed as soon as I was able to change and get things setup for this morning; it was after 10:30. I think Mama waited up for the grandkids to arrive; for my part that was not going to happen. Cori called us as we were heading home from church and they were about an hour out of Dallas. If they made it by midnight they made very good time. What I do know is that their little van was parked in the drive when I left at 5 a.m.

Although things were still flooded when they left Milton yesterday they were able to get through Pensacola via the single open lane on I-10 heading west. Once they were out of that area they had no issues with the lingering effects of the storm that soaked the panhandle. I know they are not looking particularly forward to the drive to and from Amarillo (neither is Maggie for that matter) but we will all make the sacrifice together.

While we were driving to church last night Mama and Cori were conspiring to go to Amarillo tomorrow evening to surprise Chase and Makaila. I am not sure of the many conversations that took place leading up to the decision to cancel the rehearsal dinner and come just in time for the wedding on Saturday, but until the conversation last night that was the plan. That will make today a busy day and tomorrow even more so.

I am picking up Brittany this afternoon and meeting Mama and Cori in Decatur so they can all go a party. Cori and Mama set up the gathering to market the nail things Cori is selling. One of the women in the church offered her house for the occasion; hence the return to Decatur for the event. I am not sure how the timing is going to work out but Brittany and I will try to meet the schedule.

Tomorrow I am heading east to pick up fence posts. Mama was supposed to get them on Tuesday but did not go for fear of missing her eye appointment that afternoon in Decatur. Now I will have to make the trip – about a three hour round trip – in order to meet the expectations of the man we have asked to put together the order for us.

At the same time, Mama and whoever wants to go with her will go to Denton to pick up Joshua. We will be getting into the station there at about 7 a.m. By the time I get back we will have to pack up and head to Amarillo to follow through on the plan to crash Chase’s wedding rehearsal. It should be a real fun day.

I told Mama, as I sat in church last night, that my chest was hurting a bit more than normal. I tried to think of anything I have done on the farm lately that would cause the increase in pain levels but was coming up empty. I had to smile as the answer came to me. I had been holding Cathryn a lot lately – with my left arm – and she is not lightweight. I suppose it can be diagnosed as grandparenting pains.

I can live with that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment