Demo Site

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Life

I am having trouble understanding how I can go through a days activities, busy every hour, and fail to see that I got anything significant accomplished. At least, not enough to suit me to have traded an entire day for the output I have to show for it, but I suppose that is the tradeoff when you divide your time among so many competing projects. I certainly am not “leveraged” at this time. When everything I am doing depends on me to get it done, I begin to see the timeline for each and every project stretching further out. Oh, well. I will eventually get it all done. Lord willing and I live long enough.

While I am working to get this marketing business off and running, I am bottle feeding goats, building a barn to house our goats, watering our struggling plants three evenings a week, participating in church activities Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The week soon runs into overload if just one more little chore gets written on the todo list. If that is what operating a farm is all about, we are deep into it. (And loving it, by the way.) But honestly, that’s just life.

Just when you think you have everything under control and can cruise along in autopilot - the system is in place and working well - a baby goat turns up sick and everything has to be adjusted to compensate for the outlier. Someone once said that life is what happens while you are making plans. Yep. we are definitely enjoying life at it’s fullest.

Meanwhile, each of our children are having growing pains of their own; Joshua with multiple competing distractions while he seeks a clear direction, Cori and Nate with beginning deputation and the life changing dynamic of getting the needed support to move your entire life to a foreign country (leaving your house, church, friends, family and almost everything familiar behind) to do mission work, Becky with seeing life for what it has become to her, Victoria with balancing needs, wants and obligations, Maggie with medical tests and halting breast feeding her very big baby boy, sooner than expected, Brittany and Andrew with getting ready for the coming relocation back to the US, and Chase and Makaila - well, Chase and Makaila seem to really be on autopilot for now.

Is there and easier way to do all this? Yes; one day at a time; one solution at a time. God will never give us more than we are able to bear, but will help us as we trust Him to guide us one step at a time. He made that promise to us. I have often wondered what I would do if I knew what would happen in my life five years from now; five days from now, for that matter. But we are not privy to that information. Most times that is a blessing in itself.

The peace comes in knowing that we are loved by the One who does have that information and additionally, knowing He has our best interests at heart.

Do I really believe that, you ask?


Absolutely. My life has proved it true countless times…and so can yours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment