Demo Site

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

New glasses, title issues, Church


Our new glasses came in last Friday but we did not get the message until Monday evening. Mama was excited to pick them up. She has been struggling for some time with the old prescription glasses she has. I think the exam that gave her those glasses was done more than two years ago, and her eyes have changed significantly. I have struggled with my far vision but nothing else seemed to be too different – and the exam we just had bore that out. So, she picked up all the glasses we had ordered and took them home with her when she got off work. I thought I had to go to the office to get mine so they could be fitted but I guess not. If there is an issue I can always stop by and get them to adjust the fit. She is very pleased with the two pair I got for her. I did not realize how badly she needed them.

Mama has been trying to get things sorted out with a trailer we picked up for Coria and Nate before we met them in Temple a couple weeks ago. It appears that in the State of Florida you have to have a title for a trailer to get it registered and we did not have one with the temporary registration paperwork we got when Mama got tags for the trailer. Nate and Cori overnighted the paperwork to us to see if we could get the trailer registered in Texas so they can have permanent plates on it when they travel north in a week or so. So, Mama called me and asked me to meet her at the title place in Decatur to find out what the hurdles were to get the plates. She said she needed me to do the talking so she would not prattle and give too much information, getting herself in trouble. It turned out to be pretty simple. We were done in just a few minutes. We could have titled the trailer but it was not required for the registration so we did not get a title only to find out that Nate thought we should go back and get the title made in order for them to have it when they sell the trailer. However, later yesterday evening, Cori called back and said they had rethought it and would skip getting the title. Mama is overnighting the paperwork and plates to them this morning. From here they should be legal for the road. Mama was happy to get that off her plate – and with a favorable outcome.

Seth and his girlfriend came over last night just before we were going to leave for church. They were out driving around and wanted to stop over to visit with Brittany. She is in Amarillo with Chase and Makaila so they were a bit disappointed by that. When Mama told Seth that we were on our way to church he was shocked. It was Tuesday after all. I think he and Norman have not been to church for over a year. For Grandma and Grandpa, it has been a couple years. Anyway, Mama invited them to come tomorrow but he and Gabriella have made plans to go to a concert in Dallas tomorrow. When Mama asked about what kind of concert it was he glossed over the question. Tomorrow is his birthday. The evening and the concert are his birthday present to himself. It is always sad to see someone drift away from the Lord. Years ago, when Victoria was moving to Bowie to live with Grandma and Grandpa – before Mama and I got transferred – I thought Grandpa’s conviction and faith would be a help to Victoria. Little did I know where he would be spiritually today.

Tonight is our last service of revival. The services have been great. The preaching has been outstanding. I have not been able to lead the singing because I am still wrestling with bronchitis but I have enjoyed being there. God has definitely blessed each service. Two were saved the first night and baptized the second night. One more raised their hand for salvation last night. God is still at work and we have not seen the final results. I know God is working in the hearts of many of our church members. I know that because He is still working in me.

Tomorrow we have a full evening as we try to catch up to our limited evening time over the past few days and get ready for travel. Thankfully it is only an overnight trip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment