Demo Site

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The last pup, FBI, Brittany


As I got home yesterday evening Mama told me there was a family on the way to get the last pup. We have been praying about that sale for several weeks now and I was relieved to see the pup go to a good home. It is far more than enough to have the bigger dogs in and out of the house – especially when they shed as badly as they do or when the weather is inclement – but when puppies are added to the mix it is difficult for me to deal with. Mama and Victoria love having the little ones but the chewing, the poop everywhere and the fact that they are constantly underfoot make it all problematic for me. Victoria makes some good income from the sale of the pups but for a once-a-year income, it seems like a lot of work and trouble to me  but at least the dogs are producing something. We missed Kobe’s heat this cycle. She seems to have finished up while we were in Temple with the grandkids. I was not horrible devastated by the pronouncement, but I am sure Mama and Victoria will keep an eye out for the next cycle so they can have her pups also. Oh, joy.

We are in week five of FBI. This coming set of final exams may be the hardest set of tests we have had to take so far. We are studying the books of Judges, Ruth and Samuel 1 & 2, the Epistles and the Psalms. Lots of Scripture to cover in just a few weeks. Lots of potential verses to match and memorize. We just finished the Book of James. The lectures concerning the book were some of the best preaching I have heard on the book. I will never read it the same or have the usual thoughts concerning the verses that are so often quoted from that little book. Galatians is up next in that series.

Mama will be heading to Wichita, KS after she gets off work today. Brittany managed to get on a flight this morning and will be arriving sometime in the early afternoon. Fortunately, she and Andrew have friends at the base so she can get a ride to the hotel where she and Mama will be staying. Tomorrow, possible tonight as well, they will look at a couple of houses Brittany is interested in before they head back here. They will be moving to the area in a few months and Brittany has already been house shopping. I told Mama last night that this will be one of the last times she will be able to travel easily with the twins; she had better enjoy it. I am not sure how much of a hardship it is to fly in the hold of a big cargo plane but the amenities are not overwhelming. She has to carry a heavy coat to cover up with because of the cold, a pillow to rest on if she can actually manage to rest and she has to pack very compactly so she can make the best use of the limited space offered to her. But, it is free and she is willing to do it. And since the twins are still safely tucked inside her womb, she can make the trip with relative ease. At least for now. As the boys grow, it will be more difficult for her. But such is as it should be.

Tomorrow I will be in class all day. It is the last time I will be a participant. Starting next month, I will be teaching the class. In preparation for that, I have been reviewing and updating the instructor’s manual I will be teaching from. I am a little anxious about teaching the class and will probably be so until I get the first one under my belt. By the time summer rolls around it should be little more than a normal assignment. The class is offered here once per month and at various company sites throughout the year – so there will be some travel involved at some point. But, this is the reason they moved me out of Client relation – this and possibly teaching OSHA classes, Master Trainer Class, etc.

It could be fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment