Demo Site

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Brittany’s girls, Mama’s dreams, surprise deposits


Brittany called yesterday or the day before to tell me that two doctors have now told her that the twins she is carrying are girls. I still think it is a little too early to tell with absolute certainty but I can appreciate their expertise in the matter. I am thrilled for her and Andrew either way. I continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy for the sake of Brittany and the babies. She and Andrew will be going through a lot of changes in the next several weeks and the stress will mount at times. Part of that stress is the move they are making. As far as the twins are concerned, now is the best time to be making the move back to the US because the little ones are far easier to transport in utero than in two separate carriers. If all goes as planned they should all be here as a family by the end of April. The only downside as far as Mama is concerned is that she did not get to go to England and traipse around Europe with Brittany before they relocated. In our current financial situation, that would have been difficult, but it does not stop Mama from dreaming about it. In ways Mama is a little like George Bailey, the main character on “It’s a Wonderful Life.” Always dreaming of traveling but never quite making it.

I upset her a little the other day by telling her that the days of walking tours of exotic places are passed for her. We missed that boat some years back. With the constant pain she has in both of her knees, successive trips from the house to the barn wear her out and bring a pain that requires her to sit down long enough to let it pass enough so she can continue with chores. There are alternatives but for the moment, wheelchair accessible tours are not high on her list of spectacular venues for vacationing activities. If we continue as we have been, Mama has only to look at her mom to see the future of her personal mobility. There is hope for better mobility, but to make that hope a reality requires a lot of work to either lose weight and allow the tissue to rebuild through natural curative measures or do total knee replacements. It is a toss-up as to where that will fall out but she and Victoria are embarking on a new diet plan to help them both regain their health and reduce their weigh. I am generally supportive of any effort in that direction.

As I walked down the hall from the bedroom this morning I felt my foot hit something that should not have been on the Persian rug that covers a portion of the hall. I suspected what it was but turned on the hall light to verify. Sure enough, Rosie had pooped on the rug and I stepped in it. Fortunately for me I had my boots on. Unfortunately for the rug, I had my boots on. Cleaning ground-in poop from a rug was not how I wanted to start my morning, but that was how it began none-the-less. Just to make sure, I turned on more lights in the living room before I began my devotions and found another deposit on the floor there also. Right in the walkway. I would have had a “twofer” today. Oh, what fun. Mama is thrilled to have a dog live in her care as long as Rosie has. I am beginning to appreciate the alternative.

Mama and I are planning on traveling with the seniors tomorrow but the plans have not been finalized. The trip was originally planned for Nacogdoches, TX but that fell through when one of the main activities was abandoned. Mrs. Horton talked with Mama at length yesterday and they bounced several ideas off of each other but I was not privy to the final decision on our destination. I am not sure Mama was either. I told Mama I was okay if we did not make the trip, but that did not seem like a suitable option.

If we do not go, I will work and save my vacation. If we do go, I will enjoy the break.

0 comments:

Post a Comment