Demo Site

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Work, FBI, dry conditions, water


My week just got full at work. We are preparing for a training to be given onsite in Chile next month. I have been tasked with rewriting the program we have on file to fit the audience in Chile. It will be a challenge to get it done as requested and I am not sure how well it will turn out but it should not take long to discover the scope of the rewrite and how much new material I will have to come up with to get it finished by Thursday in order to get it to the translation team by Friday. That is a little overwhelming, but doable. While I have that in the works I have four other courses that I have written to a certain point that need to be finished as well as three more assigned that need to be started. It is better to be busy than idle and I will not be idle.

FBI was amazing last night; especially the study we are doing in Galatians. He spent the greatest amount of time in that last night. I told Mama before we left that I need a few hours of preaching - and I got it. We have only one more semester left to complete the three-year program and as much of an inconvenience as it can be at times, it is one of the best Bible programs that I have ever been through. I spent three years in Seminary in Kansas City, MO and did not get the insight that I have gotten through this training; and those years of education cost me a whole lot more than I am paying for Mama, Victoria and I combined. We are at week eight of seventeen so we still have a way to go this semester but we are enjoying it. Everyone was especially tired last night when we started but by the time you are preached to for an hour by John Yates you begin to revive and really get into the lectures.

I was hoping for rain last night but it passed us by. It was interesting to watch the percentages of predicted rain diminish on the forecast as the night progressed. We stared out with an 80% chance of thunderstorms and rain. That rapidly sank to less than 40% by the time we left the church – about 9:30 pm. This morning the ground was dry and the skies were mostly clear. It would have been a help to me and Mama because we have had to start watering the garden and landscape plants three times a week. As happens in low rain situations, the ground becomes almost powder in certain areas; especially in the barn lot and in the garden where I disked up the ground. With the high winds blowing through right now, it can get a little dusty just going over to feed and water the cattle. It is a small matter and we are equipped to deal with it with a little bit of added effort. This too shall pass; maybe.

Some of the plants actually like the dry conditions and we have thought about switching over to those types of plants but I know that by the time we have set out our drought tolerant plants and converted our landscape we will get weeks of soaking rains. My well house project will make the watering of plants and animals easier, but I have not taken the time to get that project done. The hydrants and lines are in place waiting to be connected to the well – soon, maybe. However, with the work schedule I see ahead of me it may not be as soon as I would like. Next week when Mama is off I will spend my lunch hour at Lowe’s getting prices and material lists together for the well I need to get going in the well house. That will at least get me headed in the right direction and let me know the overall cost and the required time to complete the project. Having the water available at the hydrants will be a great help to Mama in her daily feedings. It will be a great help to me keeping the garden well-watered.

Soon, maybe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment