Demo Site

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Brittany’s call, evening busy-ness


Brittany got the news yesterday morning at her appointment with the gynecologist that she would need to be hospitalized overnight for some prescriptive treatments for the twins because of the doctor’s concerns that the cervix was showing signs that the body could go into labor too early. Since she is there basically alone, she asked Mama to come up and help. So, Mama left yesterday in the early afternoon. I am still unclear as to the urgency of the matter and how the condition of her body at present will affect the overall health of the twins or the length of the pregnancy, but in high risk pregnancies - Brittany would be considered so even with a single child – there is not much discretion other than to follow the doctor’s orders. Steroids were given to help promote lung development and a magnesium supplement via IV was given to reduce the risk of one or another brain development issue. If all goes well she should be discharged today. From here on out it is a waiting game and a matter of constant prayer. The longer the twins wait to introduce themselves, the better.

I had a busy evening yesterday. Of course, I had to get all the feeding and evening chores done at the farm but I also had to get a bale of hay set out for the cows. With my back hurting the way it is it was a bigger challenge than I thought it might be. Most disappointing was the fact that I could not remember the combination to the lock on our neighbor’s gate so that I could get to the hay. I do not have his number so I had to call Mama to see if she could get it for me when she got the chance – which she did. Getting on and off the tractor is a challenge at the moment. The trip to get the hay requires that I get on and off the tractor a total of twelve times because of opening and closing gates. So, the routine is to get on the tractor and drive to the gate, get off and open the gate. Get back on the tractor and drive through the gate. Get off the tractor and close the gate. Get on the tractor and drive to the next gate. Repeat as needed. Setting the bale out takes an additional four mounts and dismounts before heading to the gate to get out of the lot. By the time I parked the tractor I just sat in the seat for a few minutes before I finally got off. But the cows are happy for the moment.

I generally take time Tuesday evening to do the music for the following Sunday and last night was no exception. I try to have it done in advance to avoid any surprises and to allow the musicians time to either practice or alert me to the need to change a selection. It is best to avoid doing it Sunday morning if possible. So far, that has worked out well. I also took time to get some chicken broth made for my evening meals. I actually cooked the chicken Saturday but I had not taken the time to process everything so that it would be ready to eat. By the time I got everything cooked up, packed up and cleaned up, it was time to get ready to go for my appointment with the giant magnet.

I left early on purpose even though I was pretty sure where the facility was located. It was not hard to find and it was not busy. I was the only one in the office as I waited. I got there early enough that the lady manning the desk was worried that I did not know that I was forty-five minutes early. I was hoping to get in before 9 pm so I could get home before 11 pm. Fortunately, it did work out that way. The MRI took about 45 minutes total and I was able to get started a little before 9 pm. I was home at about 10:40. I did not waste any time getting into bed.

I should hear the results this afternoon when I see the chiropractor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment