Demo Site

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Quick meetings, rain issues, services


I had hoped to have a leisurely morning this morning as I got ready to fly out in the early afternoon, but that did not work out. I had a request from my boss to set a meeting for this morning to go over some items that have taken on an urgency since we took over the scheduling and implementation of all instructor led training. When I was asked to contact our clients concerning an upcoming class, I asked a series of questions about what information was being offered and/or requested concerning that contact? Did we have a checklist for the call? How do we qualify attendees? How do we invoice them? Are we sending our proposals for services to track those invoices? They seemed like fair questions to me and it seemed to stir a conversation that no one has had yet. Hence, my meeting this morning. I decided that since I had to come to work, I should maintain my normal schedule for the morning. I find it easier to do that than to worry about having forgotten something when I deviate from my routine. When I got to work I discovered that my boss is out sick today – so the meeting will be less productive than it could have been, but those are the issues we deal with daily. Once my meeting is over I will go home, get the final packing done and head to the airport.

I hurried home yesterday evening and put the drip edge on the back of the shop. I should have done it much sooner. It only took me about 45 minutes – even with several special cuts to get everything to fit properly. It was as good a timing as I could have hoped for since it rained again last night. When I checked the shop this morning the back of the shop was dry but the rain had blown in from the north and left a large puddle in the middle of the shop because the eight foot opening the large rollup door will fill at some point is wide open. It provided a rather large opening for blowing rain to accumulate in the shop. I have a plan to remedy that temporarily, but I will not get it done until I get back from New Mexico this weekend. I at least have things set in such a way that nothing important got wet.

Nate and Cori and the kids had gotten to the farm just before I got to the farm. He had the camper mostly set up by the time I got there. They had driven through several hours of very heavy rain on their way back from Brittany’s. Other than the stress and aggravation of driving in troubling condition they had no real issues on the road. However, when they made their first stop on the way here they discovered that they had left the little vent in the bathroom open as they had been driving through the torrential rains. It turned out to be a minor issue. Cori had to launder all the towels, rugs and other bathroom items that gathered the influx of water and they lost several rolls of toilet paper. A minor cost for a very important lesson.

Nate went to church with me last night. Mama was not feeling well. Victoria was at work. The grandkids needed an early night and Cori needed to ensure that happened. Some of the students and teachers from BBTI came to the service last night and I let Nate know who they were as I made the rounds. The teachers he recognized. When I told him the name of the visiting students, who are also veteran missionaries to Bolivia, he recognized the name and immediately turned around and started up a conversation. I did not get to participate in that conversation but I got the impression that he knew the son of the visitors. He and Cori have made a lot of contacts over the last year and Nate has a very good memory of such encounters.

He and Cori are still hoping to be ready to start working in Honduras by next summer. At the rate God is answering their prayers, I feel confident they will make it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment