Demo Site

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Wipes, birthday, hurting


Our granddaughter Savanna is obsessed with wipes. I am not sure why there is that fascination but if items come in a box packaged like wipes of tissues she feels compelled to find the bottom of the box. She has a fair understanding of the purpose of wipes. A case in point, while everyone but me and Nate and Savanna went to the area in the park where we ate dinner that is designated to be a swimming area -complete with a beach – Savanna got hold of the travel pack of wipes and proceeded to “clean” everything in sight. Dirty or used is a very relative term for her so the wipe can be used for one swipe at cleaning something and them discarded or it can be used until it truly is filthy. I got my hands wiped, my face wiped, my boots wiped, my pants wiped, etc. until the entire package was empty. That lasted a good thirty minutes or more. Cori and Nate consider it inexpensive entertainment for her which has the potential to have a useful and beneficial outcome over the coming years. She does seem tuned in to the need to clean things. I told Mama when we got home I had been wiped down so much that I needed a shower.

Some of the ladies at work really get into decorating a person’s work area for their birthday so I did not know what to expect when my birthday came around. To my pleasant surprise, my desk was untouched. In the Education team, we do not have very exuberant personalities. The entire department is more subdued than the Client Relation’s team I originally hired into. While I was out to lunch yesterday, they got a card and passed it around the office. It was laid on my desk along with a few Starburst candies. More than sufficient for the occasion. Besides, Nate, Cori and the kids, along with Victoria met me and Mama for lunch yesterday. I had to block my side a bit when Blake came running up to be the first to hug me; but it was worth the pain not to suppress the joy of his winning the race.

I cannot remember when it started, but it got to be a daily thing in New Jersey, the kids would compete with each other and with Mama to get the first hug from me when I got home from work. It often turned into a mad jumble to crash through the door to get to me first. It was always great fun. Now Cori has the grandchildren participating in the game.

I did not go to church last night because I was hurting so badly with a diverticulitis flare up that I could barely walk. I almost called in sick to work but the fever I had last night – like the night before – passed by this morning; at least, mostly. I can tell I am still running a little high in temperature because every time I take a sip of coffee I almost break out in sweat. The pain is now manageable and should start to abate as I allow my belly and bowels to empty and rest. For some reason, I felt it was important to be at the office today. Time will tell, but I did not like the idea of sitting at home doing nothing, waiting for the day to pass.

I generally do not so well I those circumstances.

0 comments:

Post a Comment