Demo Site

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Trace and the truck, weather changes, coaching


While we were in Kansas we left the truck for Trace and Krystal to use. They had a better weekend with it this time. We dropped it off to him on Thursday evening since we were leaving Friday afternoon. I am not sure what they used it for over the weekend, but I know they have been without a vehicle, so I expect there was some catching up to do with all the little things we take for granted when they are merely an inconvenience; grocery store runs, for example. We had not made any plans to get the truck back, but I was going to need it Monday morning. Perhaps in anticipation of the question, Trace called while we were on the drive home – about three hours out. We all agreed that it would be good if they brought the truck to the farm after they got out of church Sunday evening. We would end up arriving about the same time if all things worked out as expected. And they did.

As we were pulling up to 1810 from Fortenbury Road, Trace drove past. He and Victoria must have made eye contact, because she laughed and told me that the truck that just passed us was our truck. Trace must have made the connection because he stopped on the shoulder of the road. I was not thinking that far ahead but it made sense for me to let Mama and Victoria take the Sequoia home while I took Trace and the boys home. Krystal was home sick. So, that’s what we did. But first, I had to take them to Walmart to buy a loaf of bread. We talked on the way home and I asked if Trace was looking for work or if he was happy with what he was currently doing – working for Norman. He let me know that he really needed something more reliable, but they were getting by for the moment. I got his permission to start asking around with some of my contacts. We’ll see what the Lord does. I am not sure of all the issues Trace is dealing with or his history, someday he might tell me, but I do understand what it is to struggle to provide for a growing family. Right now, Mama and I are in a position where we can help a little and we would foolish not to do what we can for them.

We got a lot of wind and a little rain yesterday morning. Along with the storms that blew in we got overnight temperatures in the sixties. That was a pleasant change. It will still get into the nineties today, but the daytime high temperatures will stay below 100° F. That will also provide a welcome respite from the extreme heat. It will not last long, but we will enjoy it while we have it.

Mama and I had our final coaching session with Thresa last night. It was a quickfire session. Mama tried to drive as I took notes but that did not end up working out so well. I did the best I could to keep up as we flew through Michigan, Arkansas and Florida. Theresa helped us make some links to the county websites we will need in the future and took time to show us how to research the houses available on lists that are less well known. It was encouraging. Even Mama felt like she could figure it out as we work through the lists we tagged for future reference. Theresa insisted that we contact her when we find a deal we are serious about – before we buy it. She also insisted that we stay in touch. We have all her contact information and she admonished us to use her insights whenever the need arises in the future. Now it is up to Mama and me to keep going and eventually, with the Lord’s help, make this business work.

Boy do we need it to work. We are getting bombarded with medical bills from her surgery. From what we can gather at this point, we will owe close to $15,000. Fortunately for us, God has not run out of money, nor is He short on the resources we will need to help us get through this. That’s encouraging, because in October we have to do it all over again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment