Demo Site

Friday, December 13, 2019

Chickens, shopping, bonuses


Mama and I had spoken with Alex Sunday to see if he was interested in us bringing a couple of our older chickens to him to process. He prefers the older chickens. According to him, they make the best soup. So, yesterday evening, just after dark, Mama and I got three of the oldest hens and put them in a crate to take to Alex. Alex uses the hens for his family. Not in the restaurant. All the restaurant food is bought from licensed suppliers. Grandma called about the time we were getting ready to leave to talk to Mama about doing a breakfast at her house Saturday morning. When Grandma clearly did not want to make the conversation quick, Mama told her we needed to leave to take the chickens to Alex. That prompted several questions from Grandma about what exactly we were doing with chickens, with the Chinese restaurant, etc. Mama tried to explain but I am not sure it came across well. That explanation was hindered by the fact that we are taking a goat to the vet Saturday to be de-budded. Mama felt compelled to share that with Grandma also because our appointment is at 11 am. So, we would not be able to stay long if we were to go to Grandma’s for breakfast. Grandma finally let Mama go, but I am not sure she really understood what was said. She did get the distinct impression that we were busy Saturday morning.

After dropping off the chicken, Mama and I went to Beall’s. The store in Decatur is closing so many of the items in the store are 50% off. Others are buy one, get two free. Mama and I shopped for shirts for me. I was staggered by the marked price, but Mama had me press on. We finally found a stack of shirt and tie combos. The process on those was not so frightening. We picked out four of those to buy. In the process Mama learned how to buy shirts for me. I need a large but with 34-35 inch sleeves. That specific offering is only available from the more expensive suppliers. When that longer sleeve is not an option, I have to buy an XL and let the shoulders of the shirt overlap my shoulders a bit in order to get the sleeves to fit. Anyway, we got me four shirt and tie combinations. It has been a very long time since we bought me any shirts. I do not remember the last time Mama and I bought colored shirts for me since, for many years I would not ear them. I have traditionally worn white shirts only. I guess we are going to try something new.  The shirts we bought are nice shirts, so I hope our experiment works out.

This weekend is full. Too full for me to process the remaining four Rock chickens I was planning to get dressed tomorrow. Instead, Mama enlisted help for me to get them done next Saturday. Brittany Wycoff is going to help me. That should be fun. With the goat appointment and breakfast at Grandma’s, the morning will be filled up. Mama and I are also debating going to Sam’s to take part in a one-day sale there. We would have to get that done very early or wait until mid-afternoon. Tomorrow night is our Sunday School Class party at the church. I am forgoing the company Christmas Party in favor of the church party. Better food. Better company. Less travel. No parking hassle. This weekend will pass by very quickly. Monday, I pack to travel and will be gone Tuesday through Thursday. Christmas will be the following week. This year is almost gone. Amazing.

Tuesday we were told by our management that we should expect to see a bonus on our mid-December check. I checked this morning and sure enough we did get a bonus. A generous one. It was a nice gesture.

Especially considering that the bonus was offered company wide.

0 comments:

Post a Comment