Demo Site

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Rushing, waiting


Mama and I seemed to be running all evening yesterday, but that was just a continuation of how my day had gone. It started with me trying to check in for my flight that morning only to find out that the flight had been cancelled. It took some research to find out what had happened and to get the flight rebooked -at an additional cost of $200. It appears that the company credit card on file for me was cancelled a few weeks ago and I had not known, so I did not update my profile to reflect that change. So, reservations made on that card were not paid for. The airline did try to call me, but I did not take the call because I did not recognize the number. They did not leave a message, so I did not call then back. I get up to ten random calls per day – every day. I ignore those I do not recognize. If a message is left for me, I return the call. It all worked out, but not without some extra work on several people’s parts.

In addition to all that, the materials I needed for the class tomorrow were not ready until the moment I left the office. That does not typically happen, so I am hoping I got everything I needed. I am pretty confident that I do, but I did not have a lot of time to double check and I needed to get home to take care of some check writing for our business before Mama and I needed to drive to Bowie to get the truck. After feeding and after Mama spent an hour in Bridgeport dealing with a Tupperware or Pampered Chef (I forget which) lady who seems to be chronically late and out of pocket. One of those who does not return calls or set trustworthy meetings. We finally got home around 8:30 pm. I was finally able to finish the banking I need to have done before I travel for the next three days. I do not access any of my accounts while I am on the road unless I am in a secure internet environment. At a site facility or in a plant with secure internet. Never at the airport or in a hotel. Mama has shown no interest in helping with the banking, so everything waits until I get back home or to the office.

The flight today will be to Birmingham, AL. I will drive south from there to Alabaster, AL. Hopefully, I will have a chance to visit the site this afternoon and coordinate with the staff there about the class tomorrow. That is my normal process. It gives me a feel for setting of the class and the management interest in what I will be doing for my company. There are very few times that I have not been warmly welcomed, but there are those exceptions. Being prepared to deal with those circumstances takes some extra time in preparation and prayer. I do not anticipate a problem tomorrow, but I will know for sure later today.

I am only half expecting a call from Paul today. When we last spoke, he had told me that he would meet with his board to discuss using me as a training author for their plant training program, but I have no way of knowing. All I can do is wait. The Lord is in control. I have no worries. Mama and I have been praying earnestly about the potential of a job offering. So are several others at church. If I am careful to follow the Lord’s leading, regardless of the circumstances, it will turn out well for me and Mama and it will glorify the Lord. So we wait.

Pray for Mama as I am gone. She has a lot going on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment