Demo Site

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Seth and Gabriella, Rosalee, trimming, classes


Seth and Gabriela have been struggling with her parents lately. The division and arguing has become so bad that Seth and Gabriela have decided to move. They spent part of the day yesterday at a local bank and part of the day looking at properties. The idea is to move home Seth has built from two shipping containers on the property belonging to her parents onto the property they buy. Otherwise, her parents plan on taking over the home they have built because for decades they have allowed their residence to decay to the point that it is getting close to being unlivable. Let’s pray they can move their home, so they do not have to start from scratch. However, at this point starting over would be preferable to continuing to live in the situation they are in right now.
In looking for property, Seth and Grandpa looked an acre plot that had been for sale some months ago but when they got to the site, it did not look like it was still available. Undeterred, Grandpa approached the owner – who lives near the property – to ask about it. Turns out it is still available.  The small plot has a well and a septic system already in place. It would seem to be a good buy if Seth and Gabriela can work it out with the bank. They should know more by the end of the week. They are excited and apprehensive at the same time.
Because of the day spent out looking and banking, Mama kept Rosalee. She is a good baby and she seems to really love Mama. Me, she is not too keen on – or any grown man for that matter. Mama had her in the car when she picked up Trace at the airport. Rosalee screamed when he got into the vehicle. Mama was getting Trace when I got home to finish out my workday. It was obvious we had a baby in the house. Play items were strewn everywhere, the doors to the bedrooms were closed, and the dogs were struggling to find a place to lay that was free of debris. Plus, their room was closed off to prevent the baby from scavenging around. I opened the bedroom to them as a respite while the baby was out of the house. They immediately retreated there.
Rosalee is not the least bit afraid of the dogs. Which is good. She is walking very well – to the point that she takes the step into the living room like a much older child. Several times I have been alarmed as she raced to the step and safely stepped down into the living room without breaking stride. She has a lot of her daddy in her. At one year old, Seth is teaching her some basic tumbling.
Last night, she laid down without an issue but woke about the time Mama and I were going to bed. Victoria rocked her for a few minutes and when she had settled back down, laid her in the crib. Once down, she slept all night. Overall, she has been a fun baby to keep. How long Mama will have her today remains to be seen. Whether or not Seth and Gabriela will be staying with us for a while remains to be seen. How long it will take for them to get their home moved and restored remains to be seem. Lot’s to pray about.
I went out about 7 pm to do some fence line trimming. It was so much better than working in the late afternoon sun and heat. It was still hot, but not as overwhelming as it was at 5 pm. I got all the way to the end of the property and back on the fence along the roadway. It took all the string I had cut so far to make that distance, but it gave me a good chance to test the trimmer’s capabilities. I did learn that I will have to use a cutter head on the weed eater to clear a lot of the little bushes from the fence line before the trimmer will have maximum effect keeping the growth cut back, but I enjoyed the time out working. After I watered the plants, I went inside to shower. Not necessarily because I was soaked but I needed to wash off the poison ivy that had been slung onto me as I used the trimmer. I felt like I was finally able to accomplish something useful.
I will spend the afternoon in the office getting ready for the classes I have to teach tomorrow and Thursday. This will be a busy week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment