Demo Site

Monday, April 5, 2010

Vacation part 1

Vacation gave us a much needed respite from the cares of normal living. Twelve days and almost four thousand miles of travel begun literally as we emptied our house and stuffed our apartment and garage. I still ache when I see what was to be “my space” overflowing with the accumulation of items, most of which, if left unmoved for several years, would have no negative impact on our daily lives or our overall quality of life.
We left with the little van packed front to back, floor to ceiling. In addition, the car-top carrier was stuffed to bursting with items that will now stuff my daughter’s house. Such is the legacy I have passed on to my offspring.
Getting to Milton took three days because of appointments and business meetings, but the delayed arrival was worth it with respect to what was accomplished. We thought about driving straight through from southern Ohio to Milton, but abandoned that late in the evening opting to stay the night outside of Lexington, KY. It was expensive and slightly disappointing – many hotels are – But we managed to get enough sleep to complete the trip the following day.
Our granddaughter spent the day in irritating expectation by announcing every car that passed her house as simply, “That’s not Grammy’s car.” We thought it was precious; her mommy, not so much.
It is wonderful to see our heritage grow and to remember back to the time my grandchildren’s mommy was two or three years old. Now seeing the reflection of that little girl in the faces of these two children is slightly overwhelming. I cannot speak for most people, but for me it is both gratifying and humbling to see how much we have been blessed.
More later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment