Demo Site

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lunch with Mama, another wedding

As I went to bed on Tuesday night I asked Mama to pack me a salad for lunch on Wednesday. When I got up on Wednesday morning and was packing to go to work there was no salad waiting for me. I do not usually pack my lunch in the morning (Time is short and it makes too much noise.) so I left empty handed thinking I would go to Taco Bell or someplace else cheap; but I really do not like to go out to eat for lunch – without Mama. Going out to eat without me does not seem to bother her nearly as much.


Mama called about 8:00 a.m. to apologize, but as it worked out I asked her to bring Victoria to Borger with her so they could pick up the little car. As a result I took them out to eat at a decent restaurant in Borger. I got to go home in a company truck. Paperwork for my new truck is being filed and if approved, the truck will be ordered later this month. The expected delivery date will be in early October. Since I will be on call later this month it was decided that I should drive one of the available trucks until mine arrives. Not a bad deal.

As much as Mama and Victoria are stressing out over clothing for this wedding I cannot imagine the stress at Cori’s house in Milton. I think Mama has decided on and bought an outfit for the wedding – more for the wedding pictures. Victoria is ready I guess. It is difficult to tell, but she now has the added expense of getting to and being in her friend Heather’s wedding later in August.

With Victoria having offered to pay for the gas for the Lincoln to and from Milton, pay for her flight to North Carolina for Heather’s wedding and buy the dress that goes along with that trip, she will be completely broke – so much for saving for the move to the farm. All it took was two weddings and those little incidentals that we do to make people feel special. I told Mama it is another one of those times that an expensive dress must be bought to be worn for a few hours all for the purpose of coordinating pictures for a wedding album. I guess it’s a guy thing but I wonder why they can’t rent this stuff the way we do a tux?

Rarely if ever will a groom ask his best man, groomsmen or ushers to buy a tuxedo to be in his wedding. And I ask, would a man not have more occasions to wear a tux during his lifetime that a woman will to wear a wedding gown or her bride’s maid dress? So why don’t we have the groom buy the tux and the bride rent the wedding gown? Total savings would be about $400 and up per wedding.

Can you imagine Nate or Aaron on a Sunday afternoon, friends are over, it’s time to reminisce and he asks, “Want to see my wedding tux? It’s been so long since I’ve gotten it out.” To which his friend replies, “I still have mine. I’m saving it for my sons to wear to their on their wedding day.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment