Demo Site

Friday, December 21, 2012

The end, closure, plans, Merry Christmas

If you are reading this, the world did not end today – at least not yet. I can only hope the suicide rate is at a minimum as the dooms-dayers prepared for the dawn of this morning. Actually I got up thinking about the predictions and realized if I was waking to think about it, it must not have happened...yet. The matrix continues. My prediction is the “scholars” who have interpreted the Mayan calendar to reflect the end of time will rework the numbers and come up with a different day; kind of like Harold Camping. I really likes this picture by Dean Reeves.

Today is my last workday for 2012. I am not sure if there will be opportunity to make any entries into this blog during the time I am off. I have a computer at the farm and I have access to it. What I do not have is the forty minutes or so with enough privacy to get my thoughts written out. I will try because there will be a lot going on and it will be fun to relay it, but I can make no promises.

My back is still very tender and stiff so I am not sure how much work I will be able to get done over the week I am off but you can pretty well bet I will get something done. Mama has already begun fussing at me about working with a sore back and I have already been giving her those “you must not be talking to me” faces, but I will have to be careful.

If my accounting is accurate, we have already bought and sent out all the gifts we are going to buy. The groceries have been accumulated for Christmas Dinner. Travelers are already on the road and I have most of the materials I will need to get the roof done on the shop and apartment. This week is pretty well gone and the next is pretty well planned. We will have to wait and see how well those plans unfold.

Grandpa is weaning three of the calves this weekend. That will leave us with seven or eight to keep on the bottle. So far everyone is doing better. The sick ones are starting to show signs of recovery and even our little blind calf is progressing. We have decided to raise him until about April whereupon we will have him converted into hamburger and such. Sometime in the next couple weeks I will need to have the vet sew his eyelid shut on his right side. He is pretty sad to look at.

As we plunge headlong into Christmas the wow factor of the world’s interest in the date has greatly diminished. The wow factor from faith’s perspective has definitely grown. We all must go out of our way to repair broken relationships at times. None of us will ever go as far as our God has gone to repair our broken relationship with Him. Thankfully, pride did not get in His way.

I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

Cori said...

Love the pics. ;)

Post a Comment