Demo Site

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Home again, answers to prayer

My time in the Borger office from Monday afternoon to Wednesday morning was more profitable than I had hoped. I spent the majority of the time in one-on-one meetings with the people in that office. I think I left them feeling better about the near future than I could have done via phone conversations and emails. It put me behind on a special assignment for my boss but I should be able to get that done this morning and stay within his timeframe for delivery.


I got a chance to talk with the person who is in the queue ahead of me for one of the Licensing jobs. I had thought he had gotten his physical taken already but I found out he will not go for the physical until the 21st of March. With very little extrapolation I can see that my call may not come until very late in April. I got the impression that they do not like to take on too many new people at once so the possibility of doubling us up for training on their processes is unlikely.

Mama and I got out of the panhandle too late to get back in time for church. Her real disappointment with the trip was the list of tasks she had to get done in one day. It kept her from having the time to go and see Mrs. Patrick. That was the biggest disappointment, but between doctor visits and other interruptions to Mrs. Patrick’s schedule, there was not a time they could stop long enough to spend time together unless it was very late in the evening. That is difficult for Mama.

While we were away, Grandpa got the septic line dug and we will put it in place tonight or tomorrow. He also put up the forms to pour the concrete in the front part of the shop. He tells me there is no hurry to get it done, but I am pretty sure he wants to see it completed as much as I do. I know Victoria and Mama want to see it done since the trench bisects the driveway. They both line taking the circle around the shop and facing the vehicles out toward the road. I don’t know if they feel they can make a quick get away of they just do not like backing up.

Grandpa had his truck parked on the slab behind the tractor when we got home last night. He told us he had spent several hours washing and waxing it. Even in the fading light we could tell it was cleaned up. He said it is like a dream to have that nice a place to work on equipment. Prior to this the only slab he had to work on is when they rented a building near Point Pleasant after leaving the farm.

One bit of good news, very good news actually, is that the gas well company which is drilling a well not too far from us is not going to use the road in front of the farm – and our mobile home. It was proved to us that the road is actually a county road but it will not suit the purpose for the company doing the drilling because it really is like a private drive – a narrow, single lane road with no place to allow someone to pass.

That was a huge answer to prayer and a huge relief to all of us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment