Demo Site

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Quick Updates


I between meeting and travel I have a few minutes to make some updates for all of you.

I am in the panhandle of Texas this morning and will be traveling to the panhandle of Oklahoma in a few hours. The purpose of all the travel this week is to do mid-year reviews with all my direct reports. So far those have gone very well. I have to admit that the training I got last week in Houston has given me greater insight to the way I needed to conduct these reviews. I have one more today and one tomorrow before I can head home.

Mama and Victoria are lazing around the farm this morning. It is Victoria’s day off. They are planning on going to see the house being built by one of the ladies in our church and her husband- whom we have not met. From the pictures we have seen, it is beautiful. It is a metal frame home like Mama and I have talked about building; until recently.

At this point Mama has said she will be satisfied if we get to remodel the farmhouse into the salt box style home I have planned. That alone will take me over a year and will probably not begin in earnest until the summer of next year; depending on what we find as we tear apart the structure of the house. I am sincerely hoping that we will not have to demolish it and start over but we will know in time.

I did get to have dinner with Makaila and Chase last night. We spent most of the time talking about the job he has. He seems to be enjoying it thoroughly and he is building an impressive set of skills for the future. I did not talk to the two of them about spiritual things but I did get the impression that they are slipping away from the constants that Mama and I have tried to instill in Chase over the past nineteen years.

Only our God really knows the heart. We still have God’s promise that if we train up a child in the way he should go, when he is old he will not depart from it.

I am holding on to that promise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment