Demo Site

Friday, June 27, 2014

Home again, memories, work ahead


Mama and I got home yesterday about 4 pm. It was a productive and enjoyable trip to Borger/Amarillo. All the needed moves happened in the Borger office without a trace of a bad attitude. The building owner and the building superintendent (both difficult persons) were pleased with the move and the young men that did the physical work were very cordial and professional. All in all, it was a great close to a very vexing problem.

On the drive home the Lord brought to my memory a property Mama, Grandpa and I had looked at with the realtor that helped us but the farm. I described the property as best I could but Mama had no recollection. I remembered it being very close to Decatur and quite a mess with junk piled up everywhere.  I had no idea why it came to mind but it was an intriguing thought.

Only an hour after we got home we took off to Decatur to look at a home and property. Lo and behold, it was the very property the Lord had brought to mind earlier that day. This time it was significantly cleaned up although there is still a good amount of junk still there. Mama still does not remember us looking at it three years ago. Oddly enough, even though the house has been vacant for six years and has been on the market for a couple years, there has been little activity at the property; until yesterday. We were one of two prospective buyers to see it on the same day. I am interested but have no idea whether or not the Lord is. Time will tell.

Our farm should be listed this weekend. The realtor who we are listing with is doing a top notch job of getting the word out. He is even making up special signs to put on the property for the tire kickers who will drive by to check it out. Mama and I are both apprehensive and excited about the listing and potential sale. We are both dreading the packing and move; her more so than me.

Mama was happy to get home yesterday and see all her “babies”; bovine, fowl and canine. While she tended to her brood I laid back in the recliner and slept for half an hour. For me it was an exhausting three nights in a hotel. The hotel itself was nice enough but the bed was softer than I need and there were few alternatives. I slept the first part of each night on a small couch in the room. It was not overly comfortable either. Add to that the trouble I have had sleeping lately and it ended up being some long nights with little sleep, but we got by.

This weekend and the next several weeks will be spent on dressing up our little property; mowing, brush hogging, weed eating and spraying weeds; all in an effort to showcase the farm. Although none of that was done for us when we bought the place there are not a plethora of persons who are willing to see past the obvious flaw and focus on the hidden beauties of such a purchase. Our realtor tells us we only need one.

I suppose that’s a good way to look at it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment