Demo Site

Monday, June 30, 2014

Muddling through, clean up, home searches, prayer focus


Friday night at RU seemed to go smoothly in spite of the fact that neither Mama nor I were feeling  up to it. Even though we had our normal crew there seemed to be a contentedness with the twins and Braden – all of whom are normally quite a handful. This coming Friday night we will have only two if the twins and their family get to go on the vacation they are anticipating. The night will also fall on a non-work day since I will be off both Thursday and Friday.

Mama and I spent Saturday morning cleaning up on the farm. I edged the buildings and Mama mowed the horse lot. When I had done all I could handle with the weed eater I loaded a fridge from the old farmhouse to take to Mike and Ida. We learned on Friday night that their fridge was on the fritz. The one we took was not a particularly pretty one, but it has worked for us for the past three years and hopefully it will give them some good service.

Since we were out that way we took the time to go look at a house in Paradise. TX. The house was an eye catcher sitting on ten acres. Since we had gotten Mama a map of the county we let her navigate. As it turned out we made only one wrong turn and had to backtrack to see the house. We were just doing a drive-by so we did not stay long, besides there seemed to be a good bit of activity at the house. Even though I would like to see abiding war between buyers of our farm (wishful thinking), I do not want to participate in one for the property we will buy.

The house was everything the pictures led us to believe, but ultimately it is too far and a little too difficult to find to be practical for us. It is far too easy to get turned around on the back roads in that area and we are trying to make ourselves more accessible in this move. Even though the house was nice, the property had nothing on it other than a perimeter fence.  It was only twelve miles from the church but the way you have to come through Decatur it took over twenty minutes to get to the church. All in all, it was not something we are going to pursue.

After church last night Victoria had me drive by the property off of 380, north of Decatur. She really likes that property but I remain less inspired. When I asked what she liked about it she said it was “magical” to her – just like our farm. I admit that that is a rare quality but it does not lighten the amount of work required to make the house livable or the building serviceable.

I talked to the pastor Friday evening and asked his advice on how to pray for the sale and move. He referred to the verse that says “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.” Ps 37:23 If God will only reveal one step at a time, the first step is finding a buyer for the farm. So that is where we will focus our prayer efforts. Letting God show us the right property to buy will follow next.

I response to those prayers our realtor is coming today to put up signs (that he has specially made) on the farm. These signs normally take three weeks to get done but he got them in only one week this time. I am anxious to see what he has for us when I get home this evening. While he is in the area he is going to take us to see the log home that started us on the quest to sell the farm and get us closer to the church.

I will meet him and Mama there at lunchtime today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment