Demo Site

Monday, September 29, 2014

Weekend updates, birthdays


Mama and I took Victoria back to the property in Alvord on Friday evening and she liked the place as much as we did so Mama and I made an offer to buy it. The paperwork was finished late Friday evening but as yet we have not heard back from the seller. I did ask our agent to let the sellers know that we would be willing to deal with anything they wanted to leave behind.

In other words, they would have the option to take only what they wanted and leave the rest for us to either repurpose or throw away. We do not necessarily need the place to be completely cleaned up when we take position. I am hoping that is an incentive for them to accept our offer. Time will tell.

We were on our way to RU when Lee Davis texted us to let us know that we would not be needed. He knew we were still struggling to catch up after being away on vacation and was looking to give us a break. We were already in Alvord on our way to Decatur when we got the text so we went ahead and dropped off the food we had gotten for that nights meal which follows the meeting every Friday night. I have to admit though it was good to have the evening off since we do not normally get home from the meeting until well after 10 pm.

When I looked over our main checking account on Saturday morning I noticed a slew of charges that I had not made. The amount in question was in excess of $500. I called the customer service number and reported the fraudulent charges and was told that someone had attempted to get $900 from our account that morning – in Great Britain. The withdraw had been denied, but still, that’s a bit alarming; especially since the proceeds from the sale of our farm are going into that account.

Mama and I spent the day cleaning up the property in Bowie. It needed some trimming since we had been absent for two weeks. That took most of the morning but it sure looks nice when it is done. While Mama slept in the afternoon Victoria and I watched The Winter Soldier. Mama and I had seen it via Netflix while we were in Alaska but I enjoyed seeing it a second time. It is one we will probably buy.

 In the afternoon, or rather the evening, I took Mama and Victoria to lunch/dinner at an Italian restaurant in Bowie. Mama chose one of the specials and it was fantastic. I am sure we will not remember what it was the next time we visit the eatery but it was good while it lasted.

When we got home – after a stop at Walmart – it was after 6 pm.

For those of you who might want to know, today is Mama’s birthday.

It is also Chase’s birthday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment