Demo Site

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

No word yet, busy times


I spent a good bit of time early yesterday morning getting the information together for the bank here in Decatur. It was a little bit of a nuisance since many banks do such “paperwork” electronically. I actually had to print out every document they required and put them together in a folder to hand deliver to the loan office. It had been a decade or more since I have done that sort of paper chase. I found I rather enjoy the electronic route – although, I could verify I had exactly what was needed and was assured it was delivered and received by the responsible person.

It will probably be the end of the week before I hear anything because I still have to wait on a mail delivery of paperwork – addendums and such – that Mama and I will have to sign before there can be an evaluation of us as a borrower. The fortunate thing going for Mama and me is that we are already prequalified with another lender. One phone call and a couple emails got that approval done.

Mama and I are still awaiting word from the seller. Our realtor is pretty shocked that we have not heard anything in response to our offer – and it has been three days now. I do not think there is any particular reason to worry but there is an unavoidable bit of apprehension any time an answer depends on someone else. We should know soon but if the man selling the property is out in the Gulf of Mexico on a rig, it would be some time yet before he gets back – depending on his rotation. Some rotations are 28 days on, 28 days off.

As far as things at the farm in Bowie, we are still far from packing and getting ready to move but we are getting some of the last trim and finish out work done so that the apartment will be as complete as I can have it for when Danny Benson moves it. That could take place as early as Thanksgiving – depending on whether or not we can close on a place by the end of October. Time will tell.

I have had a difficult time getting motivated on the little things. Part of the inertia is getting back into the swing of things as we get back from vacation. Much of our energy has been focused on getting caught up from the time we were away; cleaning the place, mowing and weedeating, buying groceries and the travel associated with that, etc.

When you add work, church and RU, meeting with bankers and looking at properties to that list it is pretty impressive how little time we have had to get the regular “life and living” tasks done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment