Demo Site

Friday, November 14, 2014

Maybe today, Allie, health report


Mama got a call from our realtor yesterday evening with good news. The bank had contacted her and let her know that they may be ready for us to close by 3 pm Friday – today. We will have to wait to see how that turns out but it is very encouraging. At the very least, if we do not get things done this afternoon we will be able to close on Monday. Flooring and painting can be done through next week and Mama and I can begin to really move in the week of Thanksgiving.

Grandpa is anxious to begin migrating our farm equipment to the Chico farm. Once he gets the tractor on that property he can get to work cleaning up the buildings and land. That is a fairly large project albeit not nearly what we ran into on the farm in Bowie when we first moved there.

Yesterday evening I was out in the cold wind replacing a headlight in the Uplander. I broke two nails and punctured the skin on two fingers and my right thumb. I think I could conservatively say that I made ten trips into the shop for tools, rags and cloths. Mama reminded me that it would be nice to have a garage to do such things in – tools handy, doors shut to the wind, a concrete floor, plenty of light. Yeah, I could get used to that.

Allie seems to be doing well with the pups. Feeding her a few bites of cheese worked in getting her appetite going. She eventually ate a fair amount of her dog food and drank a considerable amount of water. So Mama is a little less worried about her overall. There is still some concern about her continuing to provide enough milk for all the pups but we will let nature take its course and only intervene as needed.

One of the pigs is in heat but thankfully Mama does not want to breed them. I am not sure how long that will remain off of her radar but I am a little relieved that we are not dealing with that breeding program for now. I cannot imagine how she would seek to keep newborn piglets safe from the cold. No, wait! Yes I can!

Maggie is still struggling with the lingering effects of strep throat. In the past it has been a difficult infection for her to deal with. If I remember correctly, one New Jersey winter, she and Chase had strep at the same time and we were combating the effects for several weeks before things got significantly better. Continue to pray for her that she will be a good “sick mommy” patient.

After continuing to feel the effects of whatever I was sickened by last weekend I am finally better. I am still not 100% but I am close – at least as far as what 100% is relevant to my current age and overall health. I am still not sure what I was dealing with - and the list of potential causes is impressive depending on who you talk to – but it proved to be less serious than Mama, Grandma and several other health care un-professionals were trying to make it.

Grandpa is on the mend. His blood pressure was hovering at 205 over 165 for a week or more. After seeing the doctor he is on a blood pressure medication that has reduced it to levels his body is comfortable with. One of the most helpful outcomes is that he and Grandma realize they need to change their diet significantly; less salt, less fat (lard), less coffee and coke. Contrary to what they may now think, there are still plenty of food choices remaining

Please continue to pray about a place for Grandma and Grandpa.

Update: Closing is today at 3 pm. Mama is ecstatic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment