Demo Site

Monday, November 17, 2014

Weather woes, moving, busy times ahead


Mama and I got to sign all of our paperwork on Friday afternoon so our portion for our purchase of the house and property in Chico was complete. We are waiting on the sellers to do their part so we can get the transfer of property into our name.

It did not stop us from going out on Saturday afternoon to clear out around the gates on the property. We should be able to take possession of the property this evening. The seller’s realtor is working to get the keys, garage door remotes and other related items to us right after their closing. That is scheduled for 4 pm.

Grandma went with us to start the clean up and walked over the property planning where she was going to build her garage apartment so she could have enough trees around her to feel like she was in the woods. I was getting a little bothered until I asked Grandpa what she was talking about. “She’s just talking. Don’t pay any attention.”

I suppose that is the way he has always handled it. So I just let her keep talking. Grandpa is very anxious to get started moving our farm implements to the new property and getting that few acres set up for our smaller operation. I am relieved he is so excited about the move. He will save me a lot of hours of labor related to the move and allow me to concentrate on Mama’s move- in projects.

Mama and I had a challenging drive home from church last night. It had gotten very cold through the day and some freezing rain actually made it to our area. It made the roads very slick in places and we passed by four wrecks on our side of the road. There were two accidents on the other side of the road. Mama was pretty tense for the entire hour it took us to get home…but we did make it safely. One of the young ladies at the church said to Mama last night, “You are not going to miss that drive, are you?” Well, no.

 I was not anxious to get back on those roads this morning so I slept in and left after the roads were clear. Even at that I still ran over some icy patches between our farm and Bowie. After I got to Bowie the roads were clear.

Mama and Grandpa did not go to Dallas today. She is going to make that trip tomorrow even though we got assigned play practice that evening. It will be a long day for her. I suppose mine will not be any shorter since I have an eye exam that afternoon after work. Both of us will get home that evening and have to head right back to Decatur.

I suppose it has something to do with the time of year we are getting into - the Holidays; Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s. Every year seems to be busy at those times. When you add to that the move we are making and all the purchases, repairs and upgrades required to make that happen, it fills an already full schedule.

I keep telling myself, this is going to be fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment